Chapter 5

denki's pov
i sat there still unsure of how to act at a table when an empty plate was sat in front of me, wh-what am i suppose to do? i asked

oh you just help yourself to the food on the table and make yourself a plate, spinner said.

i was hesitant so i reached over and i grabbed the spoon in the rice and i got a big scoop and i plopped it on to my plate i grabbed 3 teriyaki skewers, some sweet and sour pork, some garlic noodles, and and some bao buns. i looked around and i saw my plate so much more full then everyone elses and i started to feel like i took too much and that they were probably silently judging me. i guess dabi caught me looking around at them. hey kid we said we werent going to judge you eat what ever you want he always cooks ways too much and from the looks of you, you probably havent eaten in a couple days, he said.
i relaxed a bit and i started eating everything tasted so good not even 10 minutes later i had my plate cleared and i saw some of them reaching out for seconds making me feel better.

so denki if you dont mind me asking how did you find your way to us? shigiraki asked.

the last foster home i was at was a really bad one i was home 5 minutes later and my foster dad was sitting on the porch his belt in his hand and when we made eye contact i got scared and i started running away and he chased me he caught me at the end of the street and beat me with the metal side of the belt himiko found me and took me to an abandoned motel room she said it was where she used to stay before joining you guys, she cleaned me up and got me food but the next day when i was out walking around my case worker found me and took me back to my foster home where i was then sold back in the  quirk trafficking ring but i was able to escape after 2 days and i called himiko and she meet up with me and now im here, i said

wow wasnt quite expecting that for an answer, kurogiri said.

im um gonna go get cleaned up and head to my room im pretty tired, i said.

they all nodded so i took my plate to the kitchen and i rinsed it off and i sat it in the sink. i went to my room and i grabbed my towel and some pajamas and i went to the bathroom and i started the shower and i took off the gross clothes i was wearing, going through those tunnels i got covered is dust and cobwebs.

i climbed in the shower and i leaned my head back relishing in the feeling of the hot water its been like 3 months since i had a real shower that wasnt just hiding behind a gas station using stolen baby wipes to wipe down my whole body.

i washed my hair not really realizing how long my hair was till now i need to get it cut soon, i washed my body and i finished up and got out, i got dressed into my sweat pants and i went to my room and i threw my dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

i went back to the main area and i saw toga washing the dishes.

hey does anyone by change know how to cut hair mine is getting way to long and its way to hot out to have it down my neck? i asked
oh yeah of course you want it done tonight or do you want to do it tomorrow? kurogiri asked

tomorrow morning will be fine, i said.

he gave me a nod and i went back to my room and i climbed into my bed and i pulled my blankets over me, i havent had a bed to sleep in since i was  6 years old.

i fell asleep so fast.

i woke up feeling so refreshed i have never felt this before, i got out of bed and i went down the hall to the bathroom and i washed my face and i went to the main room and i saw everyone was already awake.

hey um what time is it how late did i sleep? i asked.

well its already almost noon i guess you must of really liked the bed, dabi said with a small laugh.