1 ; NEW CITY - ☆

-'๑'-
- NEW CITY -
-'๑'-
.
.
.
✫ ⁑ starting
🏙️ 🌃 🌆

i rest my head back on the cushion that was apart of the car's seat

hiding in the passengers seat, next to me was my mom, with a look of stress lingering across her facial features, probably due to all the traffic right now.

it's a warm afternoon, with the sky being a orange, the sun was setting, at the moment it's around 6:00/18:00 pm.
and i am about exhausted right now.

i look out my window, spotting all the other cars lined up along side us.

this place was big, and colorful, that's for sure.

i'm not used to settings like this.

you see, i just moved here, with just me and my mom, away from my old city, and away from my old home.
why ?
well, i'm not exactly sure.

my mom never told me why we're here, she just made me leave, but the way she acted, makes me not want to even know.

we are moving to this particular city because my mom had a child hood friend here, who has sent out a message, offering to help us in our hard times. . .whatever those hard times even are.

my mom thankfully accepted her friends offer, and now we're moving to go stay at her house.

my mom says her friend's name is 'maya', and i could even call her 'aunt' or 'aunt maya' if i would like.

i was told that she also has a nephew, a boy around my age.
i've never met the boy before. .actually, i have never met aunt maya either.

but my mom has raised my expectations for this family we are staying with.

my mom tells-. .or signs to me how amazing and caring her dear old friend is.

and i believe her.

but right now, i'm getting really bored of waiting around.

we have been traveling for almost a full week, just to get to this city.

i'm unbelievably tired, but today is the last day of traveling, and i can't explain how excited i am to meet aunt maya, and her nephew.

i'm told that aunt mayas nephew is very talkative, and loves to start conversations with just about anyone, it sorta sucks though, because i'm quite the opposite of that.
it's not that i don't like talking or anything, it's just that . . i really can't.

i'm deaf, and i was born that way.

i was taught asl, or american sign language, also i was taught how to write in english, but since i've never been able to hear, that means i've never learned how to talk like other people are able to.
i always wonder what peoples voices sound like.
or what music sounds like.
i heard people absolutely love music.

i wonder what that's like.

but anyways, as i was saying, im exhausted, and ready to just go to sleep, but i'll wait, because mom signed to me that we are almost there, so there's no point in sleeping.