The Twins

(WARNING)—This fanfic is NOT lore friendly and changes around some of the events in Kakegurui's canon while also adding others. It will also get pretty dark to varying levels in some parts. If you want a completely canon fic of the series, or if the contents of this story aren't your cup-of-tea, then you may want to go elsewhere to another story that better suits your interests. With That out of the way, let's begin!

The rainy fog was cool yet soothing as I breathed in, the beauty of the Japanese countryside was almost enough to ease my weariness. The fog majestically rolled across the beautiful mountains as I gazed out the car window while it drove along. I missed home, I had gotten quite attached to our home abroad. I wondered what it would be like fully living here now, what my new home would be like, and if the people at it would accept me or not. I looked away from the sights outside of the window, and to my parents sitting at the front seats in the car. The rain outside threatening to put me to sleep it was so soothing, the grey skies adding to it.

     We had barely gotten off the flight at the Tokyo Airport before a luxurious car was provided to us by a representative for Father to drive us to where we needed to go. It wasn't our first time in this country but it was the first time that we'd be fully moving here.

     I spoke; trying hard to not let my nervousness stutter my words or hitch my voice. It had been hard to work up the courage to say anything at all. I just sat in the back seat of the car looking out the window and watching the rain fall.

     (Y/n): Mother, Father? Where are we going?

     Mother glanced back, her normally cold haze brightening up as I entered her eyesight.

     Mother: We've been summoned, (Y/n).

     (Y/n): Summoned, by what?

     Mother: By the Bami Clan, (Y/n).

(Y/n): But...why us of all people?

     Father spoke, his cold but commanding tone making me not only regret asking; but also making me want to hide beneath a rock from him.

Father: Because we're a servant family for the Clan; they call, and we come running; as we have been for generations that date back many centuries.

Mother: You're still very young (Y/n), so you'll be taught and educated by the various Bami Clan professors there.

(Y/n): Taught...what? What could they teach that...

I paused, trying to properly formulate my words.

(Y/n): ...That the school back home couldn't?

Father answered, his tone quickly showing his annoyance at my question.

Father: Putting aside the elite educational system in place here, the Bami's will teach you the most important art to survival in their ranks.

(Y/n): And what's that?

Mother and Father: Gambling.

(Y/n): Gambling? Like casinos and stuff like that?

Mother: Precisely, that's a part of it.

Father: Plus, the Twin daughters of the Momobami Family are around your age; and the youngest daughter of the Jabami Family is only a little younger than you. Many other children of the Families of the Bami Clan are around your age. So you might make some new friends, possibly even more than friend—

   Mother: No, He's too young and so are they.

Father: He's more than old enough. It's Bami Clan tradition to introduce potential mates—