"He's just so perfect, and I'm just me."

Pip carefully tiptoed into her dorm, it was nearly 3 am. She'd spent the last 13 hours with Ravi. Catching up, talking about random shit, talking about their families and Pip apologizing for the 80th time that day and Ravi reminding her that it was okay each time she did so.

"Where have you been?" A familiar voice pitched from the darkness just as Pip was slowly closing the door. Magnolia, her roommate who Pip thought would be asleep.

"I thought you were sleeping, Maggie." Pip sighed stepping over to her bed and plopping down on it, exhausted but overjoyed.

"Yeah, well now you see that I am in fact not sleeping. So spill." She pushed walking up to Pip's bed to sit next to her.

"I just had the best day of my fucking life." Pip said through tired giggles.

"Care to elaborate?"

Pip pondered a way to tell her without mentioning her killing a man and then having to cut off her family, friends and boyfriend to protect them. And then today, speaking to him, hugging him, just looking at him for the first time in almost  2 years.

"Before I came here, I was dating this amazing guy. But we uh... didn't think we could do long distance so we... separated." Pip easily lied, that's just who she was now; a big fat liar. "I still loved him. I still do, and I saw him today for the first time in about 2 years. We hung out."

Maggie looked at Pip and based on the infatuated look in her eyes she could tell she really did love this mystery man. "Tell me about him, what's his name?"

"Ravi. He has caramel sun kissed skin, brown eyes that have flecks of gold in them when the sun hits them just right." She could go on and on, and she would so long as no one stopped her.

"He has this godly face and he has  dimples. And his abs, and he's so smart and caring and though I'd never admit it to him, he's so fucking funny." Pip's cheeks flushed. "He's just so perfect, and I'm just me."

" He does sound amazing, but you're also pretty fucking amazing yourself P."

"Thanks Mag." She whispered, "He uh, got a hotel near so we can do it all again tomorrow before he heads back home."

"I'm loving that for you. He seems to make you really happy."

"He does. He really, really does."

"Ok lovesick puppy, get your beauty rest for your date with hunk man Ravi."

"Please don't ever call him that again..."

Pip didn't even try to correct her on the 'date' part of her sentence. It wasn't a date…was it? Part of her wished it was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, silent tears rolled down Pip's cheeks, although she wasn't at all sad. Actually, she was rather happy, elated even.

She couldn't stop thinking about how grateful she was for Ravi and everything he had done for her. He deserved the world-- scratch that-- the fucking universe.

And Pip wanted to make sure he got it. Pip was going to give him that.

That and everything else he desired in this world.

And you better believe that was a fucking promise.