H O G W A R T S E X P R E S S - YEAR ONE

A/N: THIS STORY DOESNT FOLLOW THE HARRY POTTER TIMELINE.

Hermione POV
The train started moving onto Hogwarts, my soon-to-be home. I was excited because I was a muggle born (Both parents are non magical). And so I think it meant that I have a particular talent in learning this magic. I'm going to make a lot of friends. I thought.

I started looking for my future friends and a free compartment. I opened a door to see two boys, a raven haired boy with broken round glasses and a red hair boy with freckles and one smudge near his nose.

"Sunshine daisies, Butter mellow,
Turn this stupid fat rat yellow." He "tried" conjucting a spell. Obviously , nothing happened.

"Are you sure it's a real spell? Well. It's not very good is it?" I said and walked in and sat next to the raven hair boy. "Try a real spell like this." I pointed my wand towards his glasses and said, "Occulus Reparo." The glasses went back to normal again. "Woah" said the boy.

"I'm Hermione Granger. Nice to meet you." "I'm Ron Weasley. And this is Harry Potter.

"Oh and uhm Ron you've got something in there." I said pointing at my nose looking at him. He tried rubbing the dust off from his face but he couldn't. I rolled my eyes.

"Well you two should get ready, we're almost there." I said and got our of the compartment. I started moving onto the next compartment. On the way a platinum blonde haired boy was walking swiftly towards my direction with a load of books about Dragons. He had hair falling onto his face in the perfect way. Wait what. (A/n: he does r have gelled hair in this fanfic) He couldnt see where he was going so his books fell right on top of me which caused me to fall over.

"Oh uhm sorry," I apologised even if I wasn't the one to apologise. "here let me help you." I started picking up the books one by one. "No one needs your help... you filthy little mudblood." He sneered. I was shocked. I knew he wasnt the friend type. So I just dropped the books I was holding for him on purpose. "Fine. Then you can take it by yourself."

I walked away not daring to look at his piercing greyish blue eyes. I had tears filled up in my eyes, and I forced myself not to cry over him. I felt a hand grip my hand tightly and turn me around. It was him again. "How dare you, do you even know who I am?" "No. And I don't want to either." I said forcing Draco to let my hand go and I walked away.

Draco POV
She left me stunned there. I didn't actually want to say it to her but it's just because my father wants me to be perfect for him and not weak. So I just had to act tough. I regret saying it to her.

Hermione POV
I found an empty compartment and sat there taking out, "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" and started reading it. The compartment door opened and it was him AGAIN. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. He slowly came and sat down on the seat accross me. I glanced at him for a second and continued reading. His face looked somewhat..guilty... I smirked due to satisfaction that he had learned his lesson.

"I'm Malfoy.. Draco Malfoy." He said lowly.

"Hermione Granger." I said not bothering to look at him.

*Silence*

"Hey is that Fantastic beasts and where to find them?" He tried being casual.

"What do you think it is?" I snapped at him. He looked taken aback and just looked out the window. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you-" "It's fine I get it. Everyone hates me. But I don't want them to, I just want to have a normal wizard life just like you guys. My father wants me to be perfect and not weak so I just have to act tough." He said looking down.

I felt bad for him. I sat next to him and held his hand. "You don't have to be perfect for him, you-" "I HAVE TO! OR HE'LL HATE ME!" He yelled at me. I felt sad. "Mm..okay... I'll just...go.." "wait..Hermione.."

I sniffled and got out of the compartment.

_-*-__-*-_
-_        _-
    -_  _-
       *

The train soon came to a stop. Me, Ron and Harry boarded out of the train. A huge man was calling out, "Firs years, com'here! Firs years!" We joined the first years and I could see Malfoy with two boys acting like his henchmen. Malfoy saw me and smiled apologetically. I pretended not to see him and looked around the castle.

We went inside and waited outside a large door. (The famous MALFOY line isn't here because of the story difference, Harry's not famous sorry!) A witch who I heard in rumours, is old but is actually young looking, came to us and told us that a sorting ceremony will begin. The doors opened up leading to an enormous hall with 4 long tables 1 house on each. Beautifully decorated.

Professor Mcgonagall called out 2 names and then, "Granger, Hermione." I was nervous and I walked awkwardly to the chair. "Please be gryffindor" I thought. "You want to be in gryffindor hmm?" The hat started to talk to me making me startle. "GRYFFINDOR!!" The hat said and my eyes automatically started searching for Draco- I mean Malfoy. He looked disappointed. I gulped and went over to the griffyndor table. Ron and Harry were in Gryffindor too. Unfortunately, Draco was in Slytherin.

The headmaster, professor Dumbledore, slowly hit his glass with his spoon to get attention. He told a very long speech which I took note of and he clapped and the tables were filled with food. Ron started gobbling up chicken wings and I rolled my eyes and started eating.