4

'...11, 12, 13...'

Little Cub listened from behind a block of dirt as Jimmy counted. Scar was pretending to be a tree next to him. Everyone else was out of sight.

'Unle Scar? Unle Scar?' Cub asked, peering up at his new parent. 'When I if maybe seekying, can you seekying too?'

'Of course I can seek too! But we need to be quiet now or Jimmy will-'

'FOUND YOU SCAR!'

'Dang it!'

'Do you know where anyone else?' Jimmy called. 'I can't see anyone.'

'Uhh...' A glance at Cub who was furiously shaking his head. 'No... No... Not at all. In fact, I think everyone ran over... There.' He pointed in a random direction. For a moment Jimmy was actually fooled but then realised.

'Who are you hiding?'

'Me? Hiding? Noo....'

Jimmy approached. With a tiny squeal Cub turned away, getting as small as he could so the sheriff didn't-

'Aha! I knew it! Found you, Cub!'

'Noooooooo!' He whined. 'I don't wannaaaaa...'

'You get to find the other hermits with Uncle Scar!'

'I get to seekying?'

'Yes! You get to seekying! Come on!'

Cub bounded into his parent's arms, looking around. Jimmy was already searching for others, trying not to get mad at the whispers that disappeared every time he got close.

'Jimmy! Can we find people too? Cub really wants to.'

'Yeah, go ahead! I'm not good at hide and seek so... There! Scott! I see you!'

'No you didn't.'

'I think I did.'

'I'm not here.' Insisted Scott. 'I'm not here at all.'

'Grian, I see you too.'

'I am not here!' Grian squealed, sprinting away and hiding again. 'You sawed nothing!'

'But I SAW YOU!'

'No you didn't!'

'Do you not understand the rules of the game?!'

'SARRRRRRRRR!' Grian yelled 'Did Jimmy see me or is he a tinky serif?'

'Uhhh...'

'I see you! I see you!' Cub squealed. 'Gian you are seed!'

'No I haven't!'

'Come on Grian... Cub saw you, Jimmy saw you...'

'I wanna WIN!' Grian sobbed. 'I don't wanna be seed!'

'Come on... It's ok. I was seen too and I'm a big big adult hermit!'

'Issa right!' Cub tried to comfort as well. 'I only sawed you cuz I'm really really good.'

'Really?'

'Do you want to find Mumbo and all the other hermits?'

'Can I find Efo?'

'Yeah! You can find Etho!'

'JOEL I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!' Jimmy yelled 'STOP PRETENDING I DIDN'T SEE YOU!'

'I HATE HIDY SEEK!' Screamed back Joel. 'IT'S SO BAD AND STINKY! I HATE YOU! I WANNA CUDDLE WITH EFO!'

'Do you wanna seeky for Efo with me?' Grian ran over and asked. 'Cuz I wanna seeky Efo.'