Chapter Five. Clutz.

"You're late." Deputy Powell said, growling at me.

I rolled my eyes and moved my ice pack on my back over a little. "I was kinda busy." I said, ignoring his laser gaze.

"Doing what?" He said shortly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Killing elephants." I said dryly, casting him a droll stare. "What do you think I was doing? Isn't it apart of your job to know my schedule? That I have Self-Defense sixth period? Did it ever occur to you that I might have to go to the nurses office because some self conceited, arrogant, jack ass, man-handled me?" I snipped, seeing Damien laugh out of the corner of my eye. Deputy Powell rolled his eyes at me and walked off to his cruiser.

"You got your ass kicked by a boy? A high school boy?" Damien chuckled, shaking his head.

"No. It was the teacher."

He looked surprised and walked over to me, lifting up my shirt. Immediately he stopped laughing, and a serious cast shadowed his face as he looked upon to bruises marring my skin.

"A teacher did this?" He said quietly, lightly running his fingers over the sensitive marks.

"Oh, he's more than a teacher. Remember the solider from Russia, who was asking me all the questions?"

"Yeah." Damien said, a but confused.

I just nodded my head and Damien groaned, running a hand through his hair. "Did he recognize you?"

"Of course he did." I said, snorting. "He dragged me away from the class and wanted to know what I was doing here."

"Is that how you got those brusies? Him dragging you?" Damien said, his voice dropping an octave.

"No. There were only so many people in my class, and there weren't enough partners so I had to partner with him. He just not-so-nicely slammed me into the floor and fell on me. Clutz." I muttered, pulling my shirt back down.

The front door to the school opened up and I looked over, seeing Mr. Farrow walking out, holding a few papers in his hands, with his head bent down.

Damien follwed my gaze, and said," Is that him?"

I hesitated. I didn't want to tell him because I had a pretty good idea of what he would do, but I couldn't lie to my brother. He knew me better than anyone on the planet.

Damien nodded at my silence, and began to walk away from me, towards Mr. Farrow. When Mr. Farrow looked up, Damien picked up speed, running towards him.

I sprinted after Damien, trying to catch up to him, but before I could grab the back of his shirt, he was on Mr. Farrow, dragging him down to the ground from behind. He hit his head hard off the pavement and went frighteningly limp.

I was pulling on Damien, trying to drag him off of Mr. Farrow, but it was like pushing a bolder. I wrapped my arm around Damiens neck and pulled with as much force as I could, lifting him off Mr. Farrow. I fell onto my back hard, with him on top of me. I quickly wrapped my legs around Damien from behind, trying to restrain him. He was struggling against me, grinding me down into the blacktop.

"Damien, stop it! Control yourself!" I yelled, trying to hold him still.

"LET ME GO!" Damien growled, rolling over on his side, flipping me with him. He got to his feet, with me on his back. He put his chin in the crook of my elbow, keeping me from choking him out. One of his hands tried to pry my arm away from his throat and his other one pushed at my legs wrapped around his torso. Mr. Farrow had yet to come up off the ground and was looking awfully pale.

"Be still, Brother." I whispered in his ear, staining every muscle in my body. "Remember yourself."

With each struggling minute, I grew more worried. This wasn't like Damien. He was calm, and collected. He was arrogant to other guys and a bit off handed, but he was never outright mean. He would raise his voice at me, yes, yet it was when he was silent that I knew he was angry.

But to have him strike out...and at a teacher nonetheless

"Why are you defending him, Twin?" Damien growled out, twisting his body side to side, trying to throw me off.

"Because he is a teacher, Damien. An authority figure." I hissed in his ear.

"Just let me hit him one time. One time, Jo. That's all I ask." He said gutturally, his voice dropping a few octaves.

"No." I said sternly, forcing myself to keep hold.

Damien slowly lost tension in his arms and torso, before sagging completely.  I let go of him and stepped in front of his body, blocking him from Mr. Farrow.

I heard a groan from behind me and I turned around, facing his brown eyes. Mr. Farrow was slowly getting to his feet and his eyes narrowed sharply on me.

"Getting back at me for class, Ms. Valentine?" He growled, rubbing the back of his head. I frowned at him as he continued to speak.

"You do realize that you can be expelled for assaulting a teacher, correct?" He continued, glaring hard at me.

I stepped back, aghast. "Assaulting a teacher?"

He thinks I'm the one who hit him!

"Yes, Ms. Valentine. You can not only be expelled, but arrested for physically assaulting a teacher. But, given the fact that I am your self defense teacher, I will let it slide. Just this once. I am going to have to recommend you to counseling because I can not allow this kind of behavior to act outside of my classroom." Mr. Farrow said finally, turning away before I could say anything.

I stood there, gaping like a fish.

Damien burst out laughing behind me, and I whirled around to him, smacking him across the chest.

"You are such an asshole." I growled, ignoring his chuckle.

"Oh, Twin. That was funny." He said, practically doubling over.

"I hate you." I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, come now. You can't hate me. Every time you look in the mirror, you see my face." Damien said, smiling bright and wide.

"I reject your DNA." I muttered. "Stupid head."