Chapter Twenty-One

[SUNDAY|10:00AM]

'And then the dragon said "You will never get through me, mortal!", but the adventurer showed no fear when faced with the fire riddled beast. "Do not attack, great dragon, for I am but a humble adventurer looking to travel the world. I have no ill intentions and do not wish to cause any harm or attempt to slay you-'

Unfortunately the story being told would get cut short by the oh so familiar sounds of the door opening. Liam knew more than likely who it was and he turned to face them with a solemn expression, not happy to be faced with them at all. We all should know who it is by this point, right?

L: "Yes, Cemal? What wonders do you have in store for us now...?"

The man chuckled, amused by the backpack's clear dislike to him. He likes it when they hate him, makes him feel more powerful..

C: "Oh, sweet, sweet 11620... You never cease to amaze me but don't act so cruel. I'm here because I believe it's about time to, well, grant you two your access to 'Break Times', yeah?"

E: "Ooooooh, like they do in school? With the food and yard?"

C: "Not entirely like that but sure. You'll now both get access to the 'Outdoor Area' and actual bathrooms-"

L: "Yeah, 'bout time you actually let us use those things instead of some disgusting bucket... Eugh..."

C: "What? It's not my fault. I didn't think you would need to use a bathroom because you're a backpack until you ended up p*ssing yourself your first week here!"

E: "What does p*ssing mean?"

Well... That's just great.. Depending on what you'd think, you could consider that a swear or not but in Liam's book, it would be. One of the things he wanted to avoid around Evelyn was swears.. She's only seven, remember? She shouldn't be saying those things at such a young age! He needs to think of something to say... But what? How could he explain this in a way that-

C: "It's a better word for peeing."

L: "You did not just-"

E: "Oh, I need to p*ss!"

Cemal knew what he was doing with that one and he gave the backpack a smirk before turning away, not caring about the glare he was receiving from said backpack.

C: "Come on now. I'll be leading you the way, obviously. It's not like either of you have a map of the entire lab, right?"

Liam's handle shifted back at that mention... No.. No, no, no... He doesn't know about that, right? Flan said he wouldn't tell... Did he lie? Did Cemal pressure him? No.. It's just a joke, right? It has to be...

C: "Anyways... Come along now, you two. You'll only get two hours!"

L: "How kind..."

C: "I know."

Liam sighed before he stood up from the bed, waiting for Evelyn to also get up from it before taking her hand and walking out of the room with Cemal.

They took a right and a few more twists and turns that Liam couldn't keep up with, almost as if it was purposely trying to confuse the backpack so he wouldn't be able to remember... But eventually they stopped at a door and it was of course the bathrooms. Not like a school bathroom or a public one, like a genuine bathroom that you would have at home. The sink, the toilet and the actual bathtub with the built in shower thing. Why weren't they given access to this earlier!?

C: "Here we are, the bathroom, obviously. Now, to keep up with your hygiene that I definitely care about, you will be given specialised toothbrushes. You only get one so don't lose them!"