4

Atsuo walked over to the main entrance of the warehouse. He saw Isamu, Usagi, and Crowbar standing at the door. When Isamu saw him, he turned to face him.

"Alright, you ready?" He asked.

"Yes, I am." Atsuo said, "But isn't there supposed to be some sort of training?"

"This is the training. We're throwing you into the deep end and hoping you know how to swim."

"Oh, okay then."

"Alright, are you guys ready?"

Usagi and Crowbar nodded.

"Great, then let's head out." Isamu said.

Then, the four of them opened the doors and stepped out of the warehouse, closing the door firmly behind them, then they started walking to the nearby neighborhood. Atsuo squinted at the bright sun. Crowbar noticed him looking around in awe.

"You haven't been outside in a while, have you?" He asked.

"No, I don't go outside frequently." Atsuo replied.

"Well, you better get used to it, now that you're on the team."

"Yeah, I think I will. So, where are we going today?"

"We got two people who have their debt due, and one who's overdue."

"Oh. What'll happen to them?"

"Heh, you'll see."

Then, the boys found themselves in a neighborhood, standing in front of a small house.

"Here's the first house." Isamu said, "Let's go."

Atsuo followed them over to the door of the house, and Crowbar knocked on it a few times. After a moment, a man answered the door. His face fell upon seeing the men.

"Hello, Mr. Tanaka." Isamu said, grinning at him, "You know what today is, right?"

"Oh, uh, yes, I have the money, right here."

He handed Usagi a large wad of cash.

"Thank you." Isamu said, "A pleasure doing business with you."

Then, the man closed the door and the four boys started walking again.

"Huh, that was easy." Atsuo said.

"That was only easy because he paid us." Isamu said, "Next time might not be so easy. Let's go."

As the group started walking, Atsuo looked around the neighborhood. All the houses looked the same. The walls were cracked and some of the windows were boarded up, and the whole place had a gloomy feel to it.

"Man, this place is kinda sad." Atsuo said.

"Yeah, it is." Crowbar agreed, "That's why so many people here are in debt. They loan money they can't afford to pay back."

Then, the group stopped in front of another house.

"Atsuo, you knock this time." Isamu said, gesturing to the door, "Ask him for money. He owes us one million yen."

Atsuo reluctantly knocked on the door a few times. A young man answered the door.

"Can I help you?" The man asked.

Atsuo froze, not knowing what to say.

"Uhh...y-you owe us money." He said fidgeting with his shirt collar, "Uh, one million yen, please..."

The man looked confused. Isamu rolled his eyes. He let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Ugh, for the love of..." He groaned, pushing Atsuo aside, "Give us the money, NOW."