Chapter 21: Dinner With The Chairman

SETTING: HULBURY
TIME: DUSK

Our trio heads out the stadium and are greeted by Oleana

OLEANA:
Do not keep the chairman waiting. Head to the seafood restaurant immediately.

VICTOR:
I was looking forward to some sleep...

OLEANA:
Chairman Rose is the kind of man who gets downhearted if he doesn't take care of things he needs to right away... Go to the seafood restaurant as soon as possible, so as not to keep the chairman waiting.

Oleana leaves

HOP:
Well... that was... something...

The trio heads to The Captain's Table and sees Rose talking to Sonia

ROSE:
Perfect timing! Let's celebrate your recent victory!

SONIA:
Oh! You three were invited as well?

The trio heads to their table and sits down next to Sonia

ROSE:
Hulbury is a seafood town. Naturally, if one is going to eat here, the obvious choice is the local cuisine! Everything on the menu is delicious.

GLORIA:
drooling
You don't have to tell me twice...

ROSE:
laughs
By the way, how is Professor Magnolia getting on?

SONIA:
She was saying that there's still so much we don't know about Dynamaxing. It's causing her some worry. She even made me take a Power Spot Detector with me when I started traveling.

VICTOR:
I was wondering what that device was in the lab.

SONIA:
holds up her Rotom Phone
This Power Spot detector allows me to find areas where a Wishing Star is charged up, giving the Pokémon the ability to Dynamax. Each stadium is built on a Power Spot, except Spikmuth's which became unpowered after some time.

VICTOR:
mind
Spikmuth, that's where Marnie's from...

ROSE:
I don't like hearing that Professor Magnolia is so worried, though. If only there were something I could do...

OLEANA:
I will arrange a meeting with Ms. Sonia, but I'm afraid we'll have to get moving for another meeting.

ROSE:
What?! But I had hardly the chance to talk to our winning trainers.

HOP:
It's alright Mr Chairman, you can head to your meeting.

VICTOR:
Yeah, sis is going to be here for a while anyway

ROSE:
Very well, It's regrettable, but I suppose it can't be helped. If something needs to get done, there's no time like the present, after all! In any case, I bid you all farewell!

Rose and Oleana leave

SONIA:
sigh
Does he think he's doing me a favor?

VICTOR:
What favor?

SONIA:
Before you three came, he told me to check the Hammerlocke Vault. Apparently there's a lot of information about the legends.

HOP:
If this story is telling me anything, we're probably going to see you there.

SONIA:
laughs
You may be right, you got the Water Badge, yeah? Defeating Nessa's no small feat.

HOP:
You traveled with her with Lee and Raihan right?

SONIA:
Correct! She's a good friend. Perhaps I should drop in on her. Until next time!

Sonia leaves

Victor turns to see Gloria asleep on the table

VICTOR:
We should probably carry her to the nearest inn...

HOP:
Yeah...