preface

only devotion and death can change all things

DEATH IS A MAJOR theme in this book, probably only eclipsed by the question of good and evil, and ghosts and lost souls haunt between the lines.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I HAVE created my own world and there are hardly any connections with J.K. Rowling's books. Neither magic, individual definitions/meanings, the political system of the wizarding society nor the Dark Arts are like in the books. Of course characters are built as in the original work or shaped by the fandom.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ENGLISH is not my first language, please correct me if I've made a mistake. The original work is published in German on my main account monstrumofchaos.

WARNINGS. manipulation and gaslighting.   relationship between professor and student.   sexual content.   alcohol and drug abuse.   {child/self/mass} murder.   explicit core.   various traumas and mental illnesses/disorders {sociopathy/psychopathy, PTSD, depression}.   torture, mutilation, violence, rape and {child} abuse.   cannibalism and dark rituals.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I DO NOT glorify relationships based on power imbalance. It's not good for an older man/teacher to want to sleep with you while forcing you into a subservient position, no matter how hot he is. The relationship between the characters is not focused on the professor/student part, Alethea is not a weak woman and Tom would never groom someone because he doesn't give a fuck about people.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀IF YOU WANT to criticise something about the relationship, focus on the fact that it is literally Tom Riddle and that they do terrible things for each other. Nobody wins in this book, Tom loses as much as Alethea loses.

inspired by the works of mike flanagan