1.The Emergency

MYRA MALHOTRA

*Beep Beep Beep*

*Beep Beep Beep*

The glittering sunrays spread across the gym room through windows creating hues of shiny gold and yellow. It's early in the morning and I am done with hot yoga with the help of my gym trainer.

Today is a busy day for me I have a very important deal to close and I want it at any cost.

I took a quick hot shower washing out all my sweat and tiredness with my lavender fragrance. Stepping out of the bathroom I tuck a neat ironed blouse along with black blazer and pair it up with my favourite pair of Valentino heels and YSL shades.

I have someone to impress today.

"Myra come downstairs and have your breakfast, beta." I hear the sweet voice of my mom while heading downstairs

"Yes coming mom!" I reply

"Beta today I have made your favourite breakfast come taste it." She says setting up a plate for me.

" Woah that's great." I take a glimpse of all my favourite dishes while taking a seat on my chair.

"See everything u like." - She points out. - "By the way you look so beautiful today soon to be Asia's leading business women right?"

Something is fishy she is more happy than usual "Do you want me to do something for you mom?" I raise my eyebrow at her making her nervous

"Do you remember the word you gave me honey?" She nervously laughs

"What word?" I ask genuinely confused not remembering anything

" That when you will establish your company and it will be running successfully you will get married and now I think it's the time." Fuck not this marriage thing again it annoys me to the core.

"MOM STOP IT I DONT WANNA GET MARRIED." I almost shout. "This is me telling u the same thing for the fifth and last time."

"Why beta do you have any boyfriend? You can tell me, oh wait is Avyaan your boyfriend?" For the love of the God not him!

"No mom he is just my best friend and stop bothering me." I leave my food on the table and storm out of the room and drove my BMW straight to my office and I am feeling guilty now.

IN OFFICE

I entered my office with a blank face
As always everyone goes silent when I enter the room. My team is basically running behind me managing the files for the next important meeting.

"She is such a badass."

"Yeah she is a perfectionist I'm jealous of her."

"She is getting an award for Asia's leading business women for a reason though."