4. The Charity Event

AVYAAN'S POV

The evening sun cast long shadows on the walls of my bedroom

The evening sun cast long shadows on the walls of my bedroom. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky.

Myra was very particular about how I dress for the Charity event tonight. I wore a black tuxedo suit with a tie which was optional but still wore it anyways I was staring at the mirror while fixing my cufflinks when I heard my phone ring.

On call

"Hello"

"Hello" It was Myra on the other side

"Yes Myra"

"I just called to remind you about the event make sure you go and please meet my friend there okayy?" She appeals me

"Yeahh I'm ready as you said and which friend?" Fuck I can't be forgetting that.

"Edha Arora"

"Edha? Oh yes Miss psychologist" I smirked I have known her for a good time but haven't met her in person. Yet.

"Avyaan I'm warning you do not. I mean do. not. flirt with my friend for God's sake" She must be saying this while raising her eyebrow and pointing her finger at me

"Ohh my dear bestie don't you think that's my birth right to flirt with your friends" I said while grabbing my car keys.

"Oh my God Avyaan you are insane" She's the one to talk.

"I'm not insane you are so busy that you can't find a girl for me to date" I can imagine her rolling her eyes at me.

"Yeah whatever blah blah blah."

"Now bye I'm getting late"I toss my keys in the air

"Byee be safe" She hugs up the call.

I entered gala dinner filled with people busy talking themselves dressed up all good. As Myra said first I have to meet Edha ok get to the work Avyaan. Where should I find her? I should have asked for her number instead.

As I was looking around my eyes met with brown ones which held warmth and hues of comfort. She was wearing a stunning black full length gown with a front slit, a pearl white necklace wrapped around her delicate neck. Her wavy hairs perfectly styled. And then she suddenly smiled at me. Ohhh fuckkk she smiled at me. She fucking smiled at me.

My heart pounding with each breath. I stood still wrapped up in bliss. I just felt an instant connection even with a single glance at eachother.

Maybe I should call Myra informing her I am having an heart attack.

She starts taking slow steps towards me. The moment when she was standing right infront of me I was completely utterly lost. I was fucked up.

She clicks her fingers in front of my face bringing me out of my lala land
"Hellooo Do you think I'm some kinda ghost?" I immediately shake my head as a no "Ohh noo no I think you are wonderful."