Chap. 12 - God of Gods

Meanwhile, on the battlefield at King's Pass, the defenders of the realm fought with every last ounce of their being to try and hold back the wildlings. But no matter how many fought, the horde simply seemed to never end.

The three swordsman brothers had lost their momentum, now fatigued from the prolonged fight

The three swordsman brothers had lost their momentum, now fatigued from the prolonged fight. Even his master, Bly, had a hard time keeping up, though he still wielded his massive stinger fiercely. They were all full of minor injuries and a few scratches, but nothing they couldn't bear.

However, the vision was not good for those who should have control over the troops. More than half of the kingdom's soldiers had fallen, and only a few well-defined battle lines remained. The rest was chaos, with small combats that each one waged separately. Even the huge sentinels had lost much of their strength, with just over a dozen remaining.

On the other hand, the Fools had been almost completely defeated. Lacking training, combat strategies, and each fighting for their own, it was only a matter of time before they found themselves outnumbered by the enemies. Even though each gladiator was capable of taking down half a hundred enemies before being defeated... what impact would that have on a horde of hundreds of thousands?

The only hope for all was the last defense formation, a precariously formed encirclement of Hive and Deep Nest reinforcements, who had finally wiped out all of Dirtymouth's enemies and reached King's Pass. The Matron led the combined forces simultaneously, but they could not be trusted to hold out forever.

Far in front of the enemy lines was Ogrin, commanding the largest group of remaining soldiers, which held back the main force of the wildlings. Most were on the brink of collapse, and even Ogrim lacked the strength to hurl the massive shards of rock toward his enemies.

Ogrim: - Damn! Where the hell is Le'mer!? -

Soldier: - We don't know, Commander. He has long since disappeared from the front of the right. -

Ogrim: - Great. What we needed. -

Soldier: - Do you think the guardian has fallen? -

Ogrim: - I doubt it very much. My head would fall to the ground first than Le'mer's sting. - He said with a defiant smile on his face. - Damn it, Le'mer. You better be doing something really important. - He said to himself.

Then the earth shook, and a violent roar ran through every corner of King's Pass. The hearts of everyone present suddenly stopped as a huge creature suddenly appeared.

 The hearts of everyone present suddenly stopped as a huge creature suddenly appeared