𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝒀-𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬

(CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE)

H A R R Y

NOW

"YOU know I remembered your birthday day, right?"

Yes, it's going on September, but she needs to know that I remembered. Back in July, I was way too far gone to even use my phone. Except to send that insane message about missing her. It was a thousand percent true, but I just think I went about it the wrong way.

"I don't think I ever told you when my birthday is." Holly's at home, taking care of my boy. She's still in bed apparently and I wish more than anything that I was there too.

"You didn't have to. I saw it on your phone." She gasped.

"You looked through my phone?" I'm not sure why she sounds so surprised.

"You let me? And I went in your calendar and saw it. What'd you do?" She gave me such a nice birthday. Too bad I couldn't give her the same. I never plan on missing it again, ever, so I have to make this one up to her too.

"Had dinner with Mabel and Grace. And then ice cream. But that's really it." I'll say it again. I fucked up. I should've been there and I should have given her anything she wanted. But instead, I was probably high out of my mind. I honestly don't remember.

"That's nice. I'm sorry I wasn't there with you. You're fucking ancient now, right? Twenty-seven?" She scoffed.

"I'm ancient? You're almost over the fucking hill, I don't want to hear it." I like when she curses. It makes me feel hot.

"You're so mean to me. Why do you even bother?" She knows I'm joking, but Holly is so nice she has to be reassuring all the time.

"You're a fucking idiot. Are you kidding me? I'm basically obsessed with you." I gasped like I was shocked.

"No way. Really? I thought you hated me."

"Not quite yet, but I'm on my way there. But god, when I get my hands on you again, I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do to you."

"In a good way or a bad way?"

"Bad. Always bad."

"Fuck. I'm horny." I'm in my room, I can say whatever I want.

"You're an idiot actually. Are you eating now?" Barely.

"Yeah. It's getting better." It is getting better, but Holly would go crazy if she knew how I was actually eating.

"That's good. What else do you do?"

"There's no fucking gym here for some reason, so I just do push ups in my room until my heart's content."

"Sounds like torture. If you're still hot when you leave there I'm going to be mad."

"Baby, I'm always going to be hot, what do you mean?" She hummed like she was unconvinced. "But how's your gym going? Are you like jacked now, doing body building contests and that?"

"No," She laughed, making me smile so widely it made my face hurt. "I'm taking a little break. I'll be back soon, I feel really good though."

"That's good. No one is hitting on you, are they? Because I will make a little day trip to handle it if you need me to."

"No one has said a word to me unfortunately. It's kind of boring to be honest." I like the sound of that.

"My plan is working then. How's your dad?" She hasn't spoken much about how that's going and I'm really curious about it.