(Chapter 9) ༻The Rodeo Finals༺

Despite the argument with Brandon, Makayla continued to train hard and compete in rodeos. She had her sights set on the upcoming rodeo finals, which would be held in a few weeks' time.

The finals were a big deal, with riders from all over the country coming to compete. Makayla had been training for months, and she was determined to do well.

As the day of the finals approached, Makayla felt a mix of nerves and excitement. She had never competed at such a high level before, and she didn't know what to expect.

On the day of the competition, Makayla arrived early to warm up and get in the zone. She could feel the energy and excitement in the air, and it made her even more determined to do well.

Her first event was barrel racing, and she felt confident as she entered the arena. The crowd cheered as she rode her horse around the barrels, weaving in and out with precision and speed.

She finished the race in record time, and the crowd erupted in applause. Makayla felt a surge of pride and excitement as she rode out of the arena.

The rest of the day was a blur of events and competitions. Makayla competed in steer wrestling, team roping, and bull riding, each time giving it her all and pushing herself to the limit.

As the day went on, Makayla started to feel tired and sore. The adrenaline that had been fueling her all day was starting to wear off, and she could feel her muscles aching and her energy levels dropping.

But she refused to give up. She had come too far and worked too hard to let fatigue and pain stop her now.

As the final event approached, Makayla felt a mix of nerves and excitement. This was it—the moment she had been waiting for.

The event was bronc riding, and Makayla knew it would be one of the toughest challenges of the day. She had never ridden a bronc before, and she knew it would require all her skill and strength.

As she entered the arena, Makayla felt a surge of energy and focus. She mounted the bronc, feeling its powerful muscles beneath her.

The bronc bucked and twisted, trying to throw her off, but Makayla held on tight. She rode with grace and skill, matching the bronc's movements with her own.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the bronc stopped bucking, and Makayla dismounted. The crowd cheered as she walked out of the arena, feeling exhausted but exhilarated.

As the results were announced, Makayla felt her heart pounding with anticipation. She had done well in all the events, but she didn't know if it would be enough to win.

Finally, the announcer called out her name. "And the winner of the rodeo finals is... Makayla Johnson!"

Makayla couldn't believe it. She had won! The crowd erupted in cheers and applause, and Makayla felt tears of joy streaming down her face.

As she accepted her trophy and prize money, Makayla looked up and saw Brandon in the stands, beaming with pride and admiration.

In that moment, Makayla knew that all the hard work and dedication had been worth it. She had proven to herself and everyone else that she was a true rodeo champion.