Chapter Five: & Run

We entered a dark room with little light illuminating from the security monitors that were still on, most of the screens were black and white static and some cutting in and out attempting to restart

We entered a dark room with little light illuminating from the security monitors that were still on, most of the screens were black and white static and some cutting in and out attempting to restart. Some camera footage shows empty classrooms and some crowded with the dead. One camera monitor shows two male survivors waving a "HELP!" sign hoping someone would find them. There was no audio-- but they are mouthing the words, "Is anyone there!?", "Help us! Hello?!" 

At the corner of the screen I see a foot step into view, I lean in focusing at the dark room the survivors are in. The dead are right behind them! There's way too many of them surrounding the two. One of the dead grabs the mans wrist and attempting to bite him. The man waving the sign gets attacked from behind getting bitten instantaneously.  

(Leon)-"Let's go." I say as I cock my handgun leaving to go help them. 

(Helena)-"Leon, it's too late!" I stop moving looking back seeing the look on both Helena's and (Y/n)'s faces.

(Helena)-"There's nothing we can do." My eyes dart back to the screen seeing the dead feasting on their bodies.  

I know it's far too late but no one should die the way they did.

I look away not wanting to see anymore, not wanting to think about the sounds if the audio were to turn on.

(Leon)-"You're right." I look towards Helena and (Y/n)

I can't save everyone.

(Time Skip) 

We carefully walk around the bodies that didn't make it to the staff building, they were probably trampling each other to get inside. 

(Helena)-"I'll get the security code." Helena types in the code on the keypad beside the door. A flashing red light and loud siren goes off. 

Shit. This wont end well. 

I swiftly walk to the windows seeing if there are dead near, Out on the football field rise the dead. Helena types more on the security code but the damage was already done. 

(Leon)-"Hunnigan, the door's locked! There's no way out!" 

(Hunnigan)-"I'm on it! Just give me a minute!" 

(Y/n) steps forward taking the right side windows, she curses under her breath telling herself they are already gone. I had to tell myself the same thing back in Raccoon City. 

(Helena)-"They're blocking the entrance!" She shouts over the siren. I look seeing the entrance we entered from they were crowding in. 

(Y/n)-"I'm on it!" She faces towards the entrance firing her handgun. I focus my attention to the ones crawling their way through the broken windows. 

(Helena)-"There's so many! We can't take 'em all!" 

(Leon)-"Back to the door!" I shout. Helena heard but (Y/n) didn't. The siren continues to draw more dead.