Chapter Two: All Fun and Games Until..

(A few days later) 

(A few days later) 

The Presidents words echo in my head. 

Raccoon City incident—we have to come clean.

I grip the handgun tight in my palm with my index finger pulling the trigger back, feeling the recoil in my hands as the bullet exits the chamber penetrating through the white target paper ahead. I pull the trigger a few more times seeing a crowd of bullet holes around the neck outline of the paper. An exhale escapes my mouth not realizing I was holding it in.

The people will be angry, they'll demand answers as to what caused the disaster of their small city. Once they know the truth it'll spark chaos and riots.

I don't know what he thinks will come out of this but I will support him. 

It's the right thing to do. 

I place my finger away from the trigger placing the handgun on the counter. I remove the sound canceling headphones resting it around my neck. I hear slow claps behind me, I look over my shoulder seeing Deacon with a smile on his face. 

(Deacon)-"Well done, Agent Kennedy. Excellent as always." 

(Leon)-"When did you get in?"

(Deacon)-"Just now." I adjust my fingerless gloves feeling them loose, I tighten it to the point that it could cut off circulation flow. I loosen it a bit just so it feels right. 

(Deacon)-"That woman that wrote on your arm a few nights ago, she's asking me why you haven't called her." I chuckle under my breath looking down at my wrist seeing the numbers fading. Whatever eyeliner she used is resilient.

(Deacon)-"You can't let that one disappear. You'd be an idiot to let that kind of woman go." 

Then I'm an idiot. 

(Leon)-"I have important things to worry about than a woman wondering why I haven't called her." Frankly, I haven't made up my mind yet. At the time I didn't want a one night stand, now...I don't know. 

(Deacon)-"Ouch. So cold of you." I shrug leaning my shoulder against the wall behind me. 

(Deacon)-"You all prepped for your next assignment coming up? Heard its gonna be a big one." I nod my head. 

(Deacon)-"Have you seen the new agents flooding this building?" He lowers his voice making sure only the two of us heard.

(Leon)-"Haven't noticed." Which is true. I've been on a one track mind that I haven't noticed anything else besides my job. It's been like that for years, making the world a better place. 

(Deacon)-"I saw a tall blonde. She looked like a goddess. Ass is one hundred percent fuckable. I'm hoping to get her number by tomorrow night." I shake my head at the things that come out of his mouth.

(Leon)-"Is that all you think about?"

(Deacon)-"Last thing I want is thinking about my job. The people I've killed with my handgun, seeing the bodies rack up. Fellow agents getting their names carved up on the wall to be remembered." I nod. He's got a point. I wouldn't want to think about that either.