Chapter 5 - Plan

Mikes POV

"Bye!" I yell, getting up and running out of the cafeteria.

I feel bad for ignoring will, I mean how could I not, he's my best friend. I just want him to 'break up' with me so that this can all be over.

I decide to just go to my lesson, its history. Yay.

I roll my eyes, thinking about how boring this lesson will be. The teacher going on and on about random tribes from the 1500s.

I walk in and sit down in my seat. I just day dream about random things, and put my head on the desk with my arms around my head, before I hear someone sit down next to me.

It's Will.

"Hey Mike!" I hear him say.

I keep my head on the desk and pretend I dont hear him.

"Mike?" He says, now sounding confused.

I still dont respond.

"Mike..?" He asks, now sounding a bit upset.

I, again, don't respond.

I hear him let out a shakey sigh and hear him turn around.

I end up falling asleep for the whole lesson and I wake up to hear the sound of chairs rattling

I lift my head up and see that Will isn't there.

I feel really bad but I just get up, pick up my bag and walk to my last lesson which is a free period.

Me and the party always meet in the library for our last lessons so I head there.

I walk in and see every body sat there, so I walk over to them.

"Hey guys." I mumble, still sleepy since I hadn't really woken up from my nap.

"You look tired." Dustin says flatly.

"Yeah no shit dusty bun." I roll my eyes.

"Wheeler, we need to talk." I hear max tell me.

"Okay?" I respond. She pulls me up from my chair and drags me outside of the classroom into the empty hall.

"Will knows something is wrong." She tells me.

"W-What?" My heart drops.

"He was asking us if something had happened or if you were mad at him! He seemed really upset and rightly so! Your his boyfriend? Remember?" She yells at me.

"I'm not his boyfriend! Well I mean yeah technically but I don't love him! I might just tell him the truth tonight." I yell at her.

"But everybody is going to be here tonight?" She responds.

"Yeah? So?" I sass back.

"That will embarrass him?" She sasses back at me.

"Just pretend you know nothing! Boom, everything is fine."

"I mean, I guess it can work. We will all come round 10 minutes before Will and you can tell them all the plan. Deal?"

"Deal." I nod, heading back into the classroom.

We walk back in and pretend everything is fine.

Over the last 10 minutes of our free period I see max tell everyone (apart from Will) about coming over 10 minutes early.

I see them all nod and we all feel the tension building.

Will just sits there smiling to himself, drawing something in his sketch book.

I look at him and admire his features. His big brown eyes, his soft smile, his bowlcut which I actually think makes him look very sweet and rather innocent.

Woah. Why am I admiring my best friend.. Thats kinda gay.

I stop admiring Will and look away to see all of my friends looking at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." They all smirk in sync.

I give them a confused glare but turn around back to Will.

I hear the bell ring and speed out of there as fast as I can.

I grab my bike and start cycling home.

I cannot tell will tonight. Especially not infront of the whole party. He will be so embarrassed and I can't do that to him. Plus we just started 'dating'.

I won't do it tonight. I cant. When they all come round I will tell them I'm not doing it tonight.

I still don't know how I'm going to break the news to him.. I'll think of something when the times comes.

I realize that I'm on the road my house is on so I stop thinking about tonight and jusr focus on getting home.

I pull up into my driveway and just abandon my bike on the front lawn and head inside.

"Mum!! Dad!! Im home!!" I yell.

"In the kitchen!" I hear my mum yell back.

I walk into the kitchen and see my sister sat on the bench with my mum making cookies.

"Why is holly home so early?" I ask confused.

"Oh she felt sick this morning so I didn't make her go in!" My mum explained.

"Yeah because she looks sick." I roll my eyes sarcastically.

My mum just scoffs at me and continues making the dough.

"Right well anyway, can the party sleep over tonight?"

"Yeah of course, five mattresses like usual?" She asks.

"Yeah please."

"Okay, I will get them all set up if you help run holly a bath.

"Will do, come on hols" I say, picking her up.

"I dont want a bath!" Holly whines as I bring her upstairs.

"Its fine, you can have a bath and then when your done there will be lots of cookies for you to eat!" I smile at her.

"Are you sure?" She asks me, unconvinced.

"I promise, now why dont you pick out a pair of pjs while I get your bath started, okay?"

"Okay!" She hugs me and then runs off.

I smile and start running the water. I put my hand under it and adjust it so that is isnt too hot for her. I leave it on and go downstairs to see if the beds are set up.

"Ah, mike! The beds are all set up!" Mum smiles at me.

"Thanks, Holly's bath is running and she is getting her pjs for after." I tell her.

"Thank you sweetheart, what would I do without you" She ruffles my hair.

I giggle and hear a knock on the door.

The party is here!!

{Word Count: 1018}