Chapter 7

Doc. Guel's POV:

I woke up at 7:00 AM on Wednesday.

The first thing that came to my mind was Flea.

She was the girl I took care of for 1 year and 4 months.

I felt a lightness in my heart, perhaps because I missed my own child.

I used to have a wife, but she left me because I didn't have a stable job.

That was many years ago, a long time ago.

Until now, hinahanap ko pa rin sila.

I worked hard until I became a doctor.

But even now, I still miss them.

At that time, we didn't have phones yet, and I didn't have any pictures of the girl.

But I have a sign of the woman I loved and still long for until now.

That is a ring but we didn't get married.

When I got home, everything was gone.

Lahat ng gamit ay wala, at mga paninda.

But, nvm.

I grabbed my phone to call Flea.

When I turned on my phone, a long message from Flea greeted me.

From Flea: Doc, thank you for taking care of me. Doc, if only you could be my father, I would have done it a long time ago.

I cried as I read it.

Pinagpatuloy ko ang pagbabasa.

From Flea: Doc, I'm sorry if there were times when I was stubborn with you. This time, Doc, you won't have a stubborn patient anymore. Doc, thank you because for one year, I felt that there was a Father who loved me. My dad doesn't seem to care about me. Doc, this is it, hahaha. Just always be happy. If you ever feel sad, I'll haunt you. Just kidding, hahaha. Doc, I have some letters here at the bottom of the Cabinet. There are many of them, please give them to Mom, okay? Thank you so much, Doc." I still crying.

Nan'lulumo ang mga mata ko.

I need to go to their place now.

When I arrived at Flea's house, there were so many people.

Her boyfriend that she mentioned is also here.

Even the friends she really wanted to be with.

"DOCC!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!! HAAA?!! YOU ARE SOOOO LIAR!! YOU'RE SUCH A BIG LIARRR!!!!! WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO ENJOY THE TIME WITH OUR DAUGHTER!!" Flea's mother angrily said to me.

"Miss. Luces. S-sandalii lang po ha. Mag-eexplain po ako, please? Pakinggan niyo po muna ako ha." I softly said to Flea's mother.

Pinakalma siya ng nga taong nasa tabi niya.

I explained everything Flea wanted and what she told me.

It was evident that I had just been crying before coming here because my eyes were swollen.

I suddenly found myself in Flea's room.

I still feel her presence even though she is already in the coffin.

I took what she wrote under her Cabinet.

Almost every letter had a name indicating who it was for.

I left Flea's room and sat beside the Coffin where her mother was seated.

I handed it to her mother.

After giving it, her mother gave me the letters that Flea intended for each recipient.

There was one more paper for me.

I read everything written on it.

"Doc? I have a lot of stories to tell you.
Did you know that ever since I've been with you, I felt like I had a father? Doc, it just hurts so much that my real father doesn't care about me. You know, Doc? I have a lot of anger and resentment towards my father. We're not open with each other, so I can't express to them that I feel hurt and angry. Doc, even when I was a child, my father would always tell me that I'm not really his child. You know, Doc?
Every time I ask Mom, she says that what Dad says isn't true and he's just joking with me. It hurts so much, Doc, it hurts so much when Dad jokes. Until now, Doc, I'm so confused. But tomorrow? Finally, my mind will be at peace with all these thoughts. Doc, I hope there's reincarnation. And if there is, I hope you become my Dad. Alright, Doc. I still have a lot to write. Thank you so much, Doc. I will miss you!!" was written on a piece of paper.

As I read, I feel hurt.

W-what if he's the child I lost?

W-what if??

Nagugulohan ang utak ko.

I handed the paper to his mother and asked her to read it.

"Why does your husband treat your child like this?" I asked Flea's mother.

"Mind your own business!" Flea's mother snapped at me, seething with anger.

I don't know why she's like this at home.

She wasn't like this when they were in the hospital.

Maybe she's just tired.

"B-but why? Bakit sa'kin siya nagsasabi? Are you hiding something from her? Just tell me." I asked her.

"What's it to you, Guel? Just because you're a doctor, do you think you have the right to know everything?!!" her mother angrily said to me.

And I knew it.

"B-berla?" I called her by her name.

"Yes? What? Are you happy now?! Do you know everything?!!Alam mo na ang lahat? Please, Guel. Don't ever ruin what I have now!" she retorted to me.

Ang gulo na ng utak ko ngayon.

Dahil sarili kong anak ay hindi ko na-enjoy ang pitong araw na kasama siya.

Iyak ako nang iyak.

Sobrang sakit.

'di ko alam ang gagawin ko.

Gusto kong sumunod sa anak ko.

Nangulila ako sakaniya ng ilang taon, hindi man lang kumalahati ang memories na nabuo namin.

Sobrang sakit.

'di ko alam kung paano ulit ako magsisimula.

Mas okay pa sa'kin na hindi ko nalang siya nakita at patuloy na maghanap, kahit ilang daang taon pa 'yan, kaysa makita ko siya na nakasuot na puting barong at nakahiga.

'di ko man lang siya nayakap nang mahigpit.

'di ko man lang siya nakasamang kumain sa labas.

'di ko man lang siya nabig'yan ng mga bagay na hinahangad niya.

'di ko man lang siya na-ihatid-sundo sa School.

'di ko man lang siya naturoan kung paano magbasa.

'di ko man lang siya naturoan kung paano maglakad.

Anak, patawarin mo si Papa ha.

Patuloy pa rin na gumugulo o bumabagabag sa utak ko ang sinabi ko sa mismong anak ko na "YOU ONLY HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO LIVE."