Chapter 4

I went home.

Here I am again in a house that feels empty.

I feel like they're just waiting for the moment when I'll disappear, hahaha.

It's 7:00 AM on Sunday.

Upon waking up, I grabbed my phone to call Doc Guel because he's one of the few people I feel genuinely takes care of me.

"Hi Doc, good morning," I greeted him.

"Oh, good morning. Napatawag ka? How are you? How are you feeling? Do you have any needs today?" he asked me in succession.

What if siya pala Papa ko? Joke HSHAHA sana nga siya nalang.

"I'm okay, Doc. I'm just having a hard time. Doc, can I ask you for a favor?" I asked him.

"Sure, go ahead. As long as it makes you happy," Doc replied to me.

"Can you... Can you tell my mom that... that the result you gave me was a mistake?" I asked him, stuttering.

"W-what do you mean??" Doc asked me in a confused manner.

"Tell them that my life is not just a few days." I calmly replied to Doc.

Just nothing, I just want them not to think about me too much.

I also want to see what they will do, if they will be happy or what.

"Please, Doc? Just that. This is the last time, Doc. Please?" I pleaded with him while talking to him on the phone.

"O-okay? Are you sure about that?" he asked me again.

"Absolutely sure, Doc. Thank you." I thanked Doc.

"Wish Granted, Flea," Doc replied briefly and I hung up the phone.

Finally!! Buti naman at pumayag si Doc.

"FLEA, COME HERE!" shouted Mama from the living room, indicating that she had something to say.

"P-po?" I asked as I stepped out of the door, and she handed me a phone.

I took the phone and read the message.

It was from Doc.

Doc always fulfills all my wishes so quickly, I wish he could be my dad hsha.

From Doc: Good Morning Ma'am
This is Doc Guel, who took care of your child. Ma'am, I just wanted to let you know that I made a mistake with the test results I gave for your child.
She still has a long life ahead of her, and she is doing very well now.
She's slowly recovering herself in every aspect. I'm happy that the result we initially received was wrong. But I am really, really sorry, Ma'am. We will further improve our job.

Guel Duadoz sent a photo.

Thank you so much, Doc.

"MOMMM, I-IS IT TRUEEE??? I'M SO HAPPPYYY. IT FEELS AMAZINGGG. THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T FEEL ANY PAIN, BUT SUDDENLY MY LIFE GOT SHORTER. IT FEELS SO LIGHT, MOM." I said joyfully to her, and I was about to hug her, but she avoided me.

"Ohw, enough with the drama. Just be thankful, okay? You'll be the one watching over the store tomorrow. Your dad will go to work, and I'll take care of your sibling. Your grandparents will also be go to their home." Mom said without any emotion.

What the heck, why am I getting hurt by the things I do?

Momm?? Your child is tired, ohh!!

I'm so tired.

It's exhausting.

Just a few more days, and this is how you all feel about me??

"Hm, okay." I replied with a small smile.