13, Friday (after school)

School went by fast, and after school I got off the bus and saw Ezra walking away angrily.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing, I'm just going to talk to my dad."

I stood for a minute and saw Ezra walk up to his dad. His dad yelled at him and knocked him out. Then he dragged him by his arm to Ezra's home.

I decided to follow them, and saw him drag Ezra inside. He threw Ezra on his bed and pulled out a knife.

I climbed the tree to get into Ezra's bedroom.

I hid in his closet and saw his father. He picked up Ezras arm and was about to cut it. I jumped onto him.

Ezra woke up and saw me on top of him and grabbed his phone to call the cops. His dad saw and swung the knife at Ezra. He landed a clean cut on Ezra's hand making him drop the phone and scream.

Seeing his blood I got mad and grabbed the knife out of his dads hand. He threw his hand back and I cut myself on the shoulder. I dropped the knife and dropped to the floor. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialed 911. Ezra's dad ran toward Ezra and punched him hard before leaving the room.

"My mom!"

He ran out of the room and I tried to run after him but I couldn't get up. I looked at my leg and there was a big gash across my calf. My mom was going to kill me.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hello, I am at my boyfriend's house and his dad has a knife and is going crazy. We need help right now."

"Alright, tell me the address."

"247 Pineapplewood drive."

"Alright sir, authorities are on the way. Can you stay on the line?"

I hung up and dragged myself to the top of the stairs. I rolled down and saw Ezra crying over his mothers body.

I went over as fast as I could and his arm was sliced, along with the hand wound his dad had given him previously.

He looked at my shoulder and leg and looked horrified.

He started hysterically crying and hyperventilating.

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault im sorry"

"Hey, shhh"

"I-"

He took a breath.

"Okay. Thank you."

"Wait... where's your dad?"

"I think he's in the kitchen."

I peeked over and saw him holding a pot over the burner.

"I think hes burning oil, yeah he is do you smell that?"

"Oh no, you need to leave Leo."

"What? Are you crazy im not leaving you with him!"

"Leo, I need you to listen to me. I will be fine, okay I cant stand him hurting you even more. I love you."

He kissed me and kept pushing me to go.

"Ezra, you don't understand, the police are on their way."

"Leo y-you"

He started crying and I felt like I was missing something.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you're amazing!"

I kissed him and his father walked in with a boiling pot of oil he was about to pour on Ezra. Then a gun fired.