Chapter 1 - Arriving In Cousins

The same summer laid in front of her. Belly Conklin was in the car with her mother in the backseat and her brother driving. Every summer since she was a baby, she would travel down to Cousins to spend it at the same beach house and with the same people - the Fisher's. Susannah Fisher was the best friend of Laurel Park and the godmother of Steven and Belly Conklin. But, she was also the mother of Conrad and Jeremiah. Belly and Steven have been friends with the Fisher boys ever since their birth and with times, Belly even believed that things would be different.

Conrad was the boy that she had a crush on ever since she was twelve years old. He was the boy with the green eyes and the Sandy brown hair. He was the boy who she had thought about since she was a kid. He was it for her.

Jeremiah was the younger brother and one of Belly's best friends. Belly and Jeremiah had always been a team and did everything together. They were inseparable, and still, their mothers thought that they had reminded them of themselves.

With Belly's birth, Susannah stated that she knew the girl was destined for one of her boys. But she didn't know which one. A part of Belly had always held onto her feelings for Conrad. And after all the years, she was glad to be back in Cousins.

"Belly, I want you to go out with the boys more this summer. And, Steven, she is going tonight," Laurel said as Steven looked at his mother.

"Hell, no. Tonight is..."

"Me and Susannah spoke. She is going. Belly, please listen to Conrad with this. Susannah spoke with him and he states that he will be fine with it. But he wants an eye on you at all times," Laurel said as Belly rolled her eyes and turned the volume up.

The same old tradition had lived for years. The boys would go out and do whatever it is what they wanted on the first day of summer while Belly and the moms would watch an old movie. But this year, things were changing.

Susannah was busy cutting up flowers as she saw how her two sons came into the kitchen. Conrad kissed his mother's cheek as she smiled and saw how Jeremiah was busy with getting drinks ready. They heard a honk and instantly ran outside.

"Oh my gosh, welcome," Susannah said as she hugged Laurel.

"Okay, Mom. That is good. Hey, Conrad, Jere," Steven said.

"Hey, where's..." Conrad said as he looked behind Steven.

Conrad exhaled as a smiled formed on his face. Belly was the girl with braces and glasses. The girl who never really cared about how she looked. Conrad walked away from Steven and Jeremiah as he walked towards Belly.

"Hi," Belly said.

"What happened to you? Oh my goodness," Conrad said.

"I grew up," Belly said as Conrad smiled and messed up Belly's hair.

"Conrad," Belly said as Jeremiah looked at them.

"Look who came back all grown up," Jeremiah said as he hugged Belly.

"She grew annoyingly. Not up," Steven said.

"Steven Conklin, behave. Thanks for agreeing to let Belly come with tonight, Conrad. We both appreciate it," Laurel said.

"Wait, you're coming with? Are you okay with this?" Jeremiah asked as Laurel nodded.

"Me and Conrad spoke long about it. Laurel wants Belly to be part of the group more," Susannah said.

"Well, let's do this," Jeremiah said as he grabbed a bag and headed into the house.

"Here we go," Belly silently said as she walked inside the house with Conrad following her up to Laurel.

"She's gorgeous," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"I know. She's grown up pretty badly. And we love her all the same," Laurel said as they went into the house.