Chapter 8 - We Almost Kissed

Belly had woken up the next morning, and although she wasn't sure what had happened the previous night, she knew one thing for a fact. She and Conrad nearly kissed and she felt like she was one cloud 9. She had woken up and got dressed into a flowy bye tank top and light blue jeans while she went outside and saw how Conrad was busy picking things up.

"Morning," Belly said as Conrad smiled at her.

"Morning, is today a better morning than yesterday?" Conrad asked as Belly smiled.

"In a way, yeah. Let me help," Belly said as she started to pick up paper cups.

"Thanks. Steven is still sleeping and Jeremiah decided to take my dad out for breakfast," Conrad said as Belly threw a cup into a bag and looked at Conrad.

"How did you find out about it? Your dad cheating," Belly said.

"I cam home early from school in April and heard them fighting. I drove around the neighborhood for 2 hours after that. My mom was crying so much. Belly, I've never heard her cry like that," Conrad said as Belly could hear the emotion in his voice.

"Oh, Conrad," Belly said as she pulled him into her body and hugged him.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone. You don't have to anymore," Belly said as she pulled away and Conrad nodded.

"Don't tell Jere," Conrad said as Belly scoffed.

"I'm not talking to Jeremiah anytime soon. Can we talk about last night?" Belly asked as Conrad looked at her.

"What about last night?" Conrad asked as he continued picking everything up.

"You and I... We almost kissed. You can't tell me that you don't remember it," Belly said as Conrad turned around and looked at her.

"No, I... uh, I remember very well l=what happened last night. We did almost kiss, but it would make me the biggest jerk on earth if I were to make anything of it. You were emotional the whole day and that alone caused both of us to be on edge," Conrad said as Belly bit her lip.

"Yeah, no, of course. I understand. The volleyball thing on the beach. Will you do it with me?" Belly asked.

"One condition," Conrad said leaning against the rail.

"You tell me what went on with you and Taylor," Conrad said as Belly exhaled.

"We had a fight about how I went on with my life. Due to me changing so much during the fall and winter, she had believed that I should change everything else. Dress more sexy, change who I hang out with, you saw the dress she packed in for me that I wore at the beach party. Due to that, we had a huge argument and she had mistaken it for I don't care about what anyone thinks of me, and I'm gonna end up all alone and with nobody," Belly said.

"Belly, you have always been beautiful. With or without changing. You don't ever have to change," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"Thank you, so you'll do it with me?" Belly asked.

"Yes, Team Belly has me reeled in," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"Thank you. Now, I have to find my brother because he wants to talk. I'll see you later at dance rehearsal," Belly said.

"Good luck with your brother," Conrad said.