Chapter 1: The Betrayal

I had been in captivity for six weeks now. My once beautiful wedding gown was now in shreds that just barely covered me. My hair was matted with grease and dirt and my whole body itched with filth. So far the Russians were just holding me captive. They fed me regularly and acted like I was a guest;except for the fact that I was in a padded cell that was guarded with the highest grade security system on the market. There was no escaping.
James was coming for me. They had let me call him a few days after my abduction. Other than that,I had no contact with the outside world. But I knew,he was coming for me. Who would have thought we would see the day that I,Alex Walker,left all my faith in someone other than myself.  I laughed to myself whenever I thought about it which was often these days.
Seven weeks to the day that I was taken from the love of my life on the day of my wedding,James came. When the cell door opened I didn't even turn around.
"Foods a bit early today don't you think?" I asked.
"You look so small so I thought I would come fatten you up." A deep,familiar voice said.
"J-james? You came?! Oh God!"
I flung my arms around him and hugged him tightly. I didn't care if I looked like a sentimental school girl,after seven weeks of hell I deserved a little sentimentality. I went up for a kiss but James pulled back.
"What's wrong baby?" I asked.
"Oh Lexie. If only there was someone out there who loved you." He laughed.
"James what are you saying? You're scaring me."
But deep down I knew:he had conned me and I had fell into his trap.
"This whole time you were just........playing me?"
"Yep. Every second." He sneered.
"You never once cared for me? This was all just an act?!"
"How could anyone ever possibly love stuck-up,self-centered Alex Walker? Conning you was the easiest job I ever took."
"But what about when we first met? The Russians. The FBI."
"All my employees. I told you upon our first meeting that you were my mission. You were so naive. You were so willing to let someone love you that you practically did my job for me. I can say that you are quite the kisser."
Memories flashed through my mind:the first time we met,our first date,our first kiss,the first time I spent the night at his place. It was all a lie. I thought back to the first thing he ever said to me.
"You were never undercover to catch the Russians!" I exclaimed.
"You were their leader."
"You're catching on." James said.
"And you told me not to wear a gun to the wedding so they could get me easier!" My blood was boiling now.
"How could you do that?! Make me think you loved me?! Make me care?! You married me!"
"Yes that was not in the plan. Otto was late as usual. But now I have exactly what I want. "
"And what would that possibly be?"
"Everything. You see,my dear,making you fall in love with me was the easy part. What I really wanted was to find your weakness."
"Why?"
"I saw you as a threat so I made it my mission to eliminate the threat and I am very good at my job. I needed to get access to your personal files."
Fear surged through me. "No."
"Oh yes. I know everything, Samantha."
"How did you know that?!"
"I have my ways. But now that I have gotten what I want I'm going to make you pay."
"Pay? What did I ever do to you?"
"Don't act like you don't know"
"Well I don't know. Why don't you enlighten me?"
"Vietnam 1999. Your very first mission. The one you screwed up!"
"Nobody is supposed to know about that."
"Yeah well my best friend died because of your little incident. "
"B-but they said no one was hurt!"
"They lied."
"James,I didn't know. It-it was an accident,I sware!"
"I. Don't. Care."
"James,please, don't do this."
"Sorry,babe. But a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do."
Some of his goons came in with syringes and started to back me into the corner.
"James please."
He knew that needles were my worst fear. I was stuck in a corner with no where to go and they were getting closer and closer.
"Have a nice nap." James laughed.
"No. No! James,please! James no!"
I screamed and fought against the two guys. But I was weak and they got me. One guy held me down while the other one stuck the long needle into my arm and pressed down the plunger. I immediately went limp and felt dizzy and my vision was going.
"Must......stay........awake."
But it was useless. Within seconds, I blacked out.