Part II

KAYLA
I just finished signing my part of the document and I'm so happy I'm finally free to leave my life the way I've always wanted. No one can tell me sh*t anymore.
It's time to leave this building and head to my new home. I get in to my car and I feel like I'm being watched but I look in my rear view mirror and I don't see anyone. I shrug it off . After all I'm independent now, those monsters can't control me now.

EDWARD
It's been 15 minutes since I got here, I finally spot her coming out,
"Black rose" I say into the communication device.
"On it" Josh replies.
I start my car and use a different route to get there before her. Today surely will be her most memorable birthday-- and probably her last. I smirk.

KAYLA
I get to my apartment and find out that its open. What's going on?
I enter the apartment and see a man about 6'4 inches tall. Quite handsome I must add. But the question here is who is he and what does he want.
"Who are you?" I ask him. But he just stares at me without emotion.
* clack, clack, clack, clack* I hear what seem to be footsteps behind me but before I could turn around, I feel a slight headache and I see the man walk towards me as I blackout.

EDWARD
Just a slight hit on head and she's out. Such a weakling.
"She's going into your car, let's move" I say to Josh as he carries her and we head back.

KAYLA
I wake up after God knows how long and my head hurts like hell. I look around and I realise, I'm not in my apartment but instead I'm in a dark room, with just a chair which I am sitting on, and I'm tied up very tightly, so tightly that it hurts.
What the f**k is happening?!
My head starts to throb more as I remember what happened, that man, he did something to me, just what does he want from me?
Can't I ever have a peaceful life?
I try yo struggle my way out of the rope but it just hurts more plus my headache. I start to feel dizzy again and I blackout.

EDWARD
"Let vulture deal with that. They are just young weaklings. No need for us to go" I say to Josh.
"Yes sir, What about the girl?" Josh asks.
" Ah, the girl, find out where the chip is in her and take her to the lab, tell Frost to work on the chip after you find out where the chip is" I say to Josh
"You are dismissed".

AFTER 45 MINUTES
I hear a knock on my door,
"Josh" I say, knowing it's him.
He enters and starts talking.
"Boss, the chip-- it's...", Josh raises his head to look at me.
"It's what?!" I scream in his face.
"It's in her brain, Frost was speaking a whole lot of science to me, I think you should speak to him yourself and take a look at the scan" Josh says with his head back down.
I'm really tired but this is important. I have to go
"Let's go then" I say and head towards the lab

AT THE LAB
FROST
Why would the person put the chip at such at important place?!. I know this was intentional but why this beauty?. Edward is certainly gonna kill her for the chip, he's been tracing it almost his whole life. God knows what at all is in that chip. *clack* I turn around to see Edward and Josh enter.
"Tell me the details" Edward says to me
Rude
"Well, the chip is in her cerebrum, which is a very vital part of the brain because its responsible for her memory--"
"Yeah, yeah all that, so what's the point?" Edward cuts me short
"Well the point is that, if you request that it is surgically removed, it can cause memory loss or her speech could be dettered or she might even die even though that has a low probability, its still a probability" I finish my analysis.
Edward just goes silent with a blank expression and Josh and I just watch him as he exists the lab without a word.
"Uhhh...what's that supposed to mean?" I ask Josh to which he also goes silent and follows his master like the dog he is.
Just who do they think they are?!
I stare at my pretty patient and I realise, that I have to find another way out of this situation.

EDWARD
What's wrong with me now?
Why can't I just give the command and let him proceed with the surgery?
This should be easy for me, so why I'm I finding it hard?!
"or she might even die.."
Why does that sentence affect me?!
I don't give a f**k about whether she dies or not.
Or maybe you do
No I don't!
You think so?
Arrgghhh!!!

JOSH
I was just about to knock in Boss's door but I hear him scream and it sends shivers down my spine. I'm a bit worried that something might be happening to him but he hasn't said the code so, I guess he is fine.

In the lab
FROST
I get startled as I turn around and see the beauty sitting upright with tears welled up her eyes.
"Jeez, would you give some guy a warning?, I almost had a heart attack" I say to her, But in reply, a tear falls from her eye
"P-Please tell me what I heard was wrong. There isn't any chip or whatsoever iny brain right?....I'm not going to die right?" She says in the saddest tone I've ever heard in my life. So she heard everything. The drug weared off earlier than I thought
"Since you already heard everything, I will tell you. Yes, there is a chip in your brain which Edward is after but I will find another way to access the chip without surgery okay, trust me" I say looking into her eyes.
"Trust you?!, you are all monsters! Why do I have to go through this?! Why is my life soo hard to live?!" She's says now crying hysterically.
She is not the pretty girl when she is crying I must say. But I want to save her from this darkness, I want to save her from Edward. I think-- I like her
"Please just try and trust me okay, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna help you okay" I say, now bending down to be closer to her.

KAYLA
Just how did I end up like this?
Worst family ever, and then this Edward guy, and now this person who is about to dissect my head for some chip in my brain!!? Just what is going on? I'm already tired of my life. Might as well just die. If this guy was gonna kill me, then so be it!
"Fine, I trust you, do what you want to do. I don't care anymore" I say to the guy.
"I'm Frost" he says
"Like your real name?" I reply
"No, my real name is Bryan" he says
"Oh, well I'm Kayla" I say to him,
" Suits you" he says
"Really?" I half ask
"Yeah really, I mean,pretty girl pretty name" he compliments
"Thanks I guess" I say to him and he just smiles-- his smile is cute
"So who is this Edward guy?" I ask
"Oh, Edward is a Mafia multi - billionaire. He is heartless, believe me, he kills without a second thought. And also, he has got a secret" Frost says sparking my interest
"What's that secret?" I ask curiously
"So curious huh?" He smirks
"Are you gonna tell me or what?" I reply quite rudely.
"I see, little miss has got an attitude" he says walking away
"Hey where are you going? What am I supposed to do? And I'm hungry, I also need a shower" I half scream at his back.
"I'm not leaving I'm just grabbing something. Anyway there's a room to your right. It's got everything you need. You are gonna be living here with me until Edward gives a different command I'm going to get some food" he says and leaves.
I'm soo not sharing a room with a guy.

I'm going to introduce the characters in the next Chapter...tell me what you think of the story so far in the comments 😗