2015: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, world tour and rising popularity

From February 10–19, 2015, BTS toured Japan for the first time with the Wake Up: Open Your Eyes tour. They performed to 25,000 fans in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Fukuoka.[34] On March 28, BTS held their second solo concert in Korea, titled BTS Live Trilogy – Episode 1: BTS Begins.

The group's third EP, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1, was released on April 29, 2015. It was listed in June by Fuse as one of the "27 Best Albums of 2015 So Far" and was the only Korean album listed that year. On May 5, 2015, their title track "I Need U" won first place on SBS MTV's The Show, which marked their first win since their debut. Signal Entertainment announced that The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1 had sold over 180,000 copies since its release.

On June 4, BTS released their fourth Japanese single, "For You", to celebrate their first anniversary of their Japanese debut,[40] with its music video released on the same day. The single climbed to the top on Oricon's daily chart, selling 42,611 copies within its first day.

On June 23, BTS released their music video for their follow up single, "Dope (쩔어)", from The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1, receiving 1,000,000 views in less than 15 hours. "Dope (쩔어)" rose to its peak at number 3 on Billboard's World Digital Chart despite being released two months earlier.

The group's world tour, 2015 Live Trilogy Episode: The Red Bullet, continued with stops in Malaysia, Latin America, Australia, the United States, and ended in Hong Kong on August 29.

BTS was a part of the 2015 Summer Sonic Festival tour in Japan, performing on August 15 at Tokyo's QVC Marine Field and on the 16th in Osaka. On September 8, it was announced that BTS would return with the album The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2 on November 30. They also held a three-day concert tour, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: On Stage from November 27 to 29, where they showcased their title track, "Run".

At the 2015 Mnet Asian Music Awards, they received the Best World Performer in recognition of their international fanbase. During the event, they performed "Run", and had a short collaboration stage with GOT7. The band released the Japanese version of "I Need U" as their fifth Japanese single on December 8.