Chapter 5: Tolerance

Saturday, july 5th, 2008.

I woke up around 7:45am. The premiere started at around 12:00-1:00 so i had time to get ready. I got up and turned on my shower before walking out to get a towel. As i picked up the towel, i got a message from Bill.

'Hey, what time do you need to be at the premiere today?'-Bill
'it starts around 12-1 so i'd say 11:30 latest'
'i'll be up at your room at around 8:30-9:00'-Bill
'okay, i'll leave the door open so just walk in'
'cool, love you bye"-Bill
'love you'

i walked into my bathroom, put my phone on the counter, closed the bathroom door and got into the shower. I washed my hair and body and played some music on my ipod. After about 45 minutes, i heard my room door open and then close. I assumed it was Bill so i got out the shower, put my towel on and before i opened the door i got another message. It was from Bill.
'see you soon!' it said. I looked at the messaged in confusion. Why was he messaging me if he was here? That's when it hit me. He's not in my room.

I swung the door open and saw Tom standing by the window. He turned around and we both looked at each other weirdly.
"Why are you here?!" i said, holding the towel tighter, stepping forward.
"I could ask you the same thing" he said.
"This is my room" i said bluntly. He looked at me weirdly again and i came to the realisation that Bill lied to me and sent Tom up instead. That's when he got a message from Bill and read it out.
"Tom, you're going to drive Sydney to the premiere and we'll meet you there" he said in annoyance. I scoffed and shook my head.
"I can drive myself" i said looking at him. Then i got a message from Bill. 'don't even try and talk your way out of this, Tom is driving you' I looked at the message and sighed.

"Well don't just stand there, get ready then" Tom said walking towards the room door.
"Don't rush me" i hissed at him causing him to roll his eyes.
"Knock on my door when you're ready to leave" he said opening the door.
"Asshole" i mumbled.
"Bitch" he mumbled back before walking out and shutting the door.

I walked back into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and then started to get ready. I straightened my hair and did my make-up. I chose to do a dark smokey eye since, well that was my favourite look to do. It took all around two hours to do. I checked the time and saw it was 10:45 so i needed to be quick. I picked out an outfit. I chose to wear an all black suite with thin white stripes on the trousers and a white turtleneck. i topped it off with a bunch of necklaces and the rings i usually wear. I put my hoops in my ears, sprayed some perfume and walked out the door and locked it.

I got downstairs and forgot to go to Toms room so i messaged him. I didn't even know why i had his number, we never spoke. We only messaged if it had something to do with the others. Anyway i messaged him, telling him i was at the front desk and within 5 minutes he came down. We walked next to one another before pausing as we were about to leave the hotel. Shit was about to change.

We walked out and saw a few fans but we were able to avoid them and we hopped into his car.
"Smile there's paparazzi" he said turning on his car. I tried to make myself look as relaxed and happy as possible but i genuinely felt like an idiot. He soon drove off and we lost the paparazzi. The entire car ride was silent. The premiere was around a 20 minute drive from the hotel so, i knew i wasn't going to be late.

We got there and we saw Bill's car so i hopped out Tom's car and walked over to them.
"Ah! hey, oh wow you look great" Bill said, smiling.
"Don't even try be nice to me right now" I said bluntly, giving him a death stare. Bill looked down and Georg and Gustav complimented me and i thanked them.
"I got to go, I'll see you guys in like 30 minutes" I said before walking toward the venue. I saw all the people i filmed with and i sat and chatted with them.

Fast forward to the event. I walked down the red carpet and posed for the paparazzi. Leonardo DiCaprio, who was in the film with me, came and stood next to me and we posed together. I walked and talked with him for a bit before going to the interviewers to answer their questions.
"Sydney! you look beautiful today!" The interviewer said and i laughed, "What is it like, being both and actress and singer?"
"Well i mean it's just great. i get the best of both worlds" i said smiling. I talked to the interviewer for a bit before going over and taking some more pictures.

A couple hours had passed and i didn't really see much of the guys. As i was walking towards the exit, i saw Bill run up to me.
"Sydney! there you are" he said, giving a breath of relief. The others shortly came up behind him. I just looked at him and turned my head.
"Come on, please don't be mad" he said.
"Mad? You said you were going to be at my room, not him" i said pointing at Tom and Tom gave me a dirty look.
"i'm sorry" he said, and i felt a bit bad. I rolled my eyes and walked on.
"So what do we do now?" Georg said, walking in-front of us.
"There's like an after party but i don't know if i wanna go" i said and Bill immediately stopped, "What?" i turned to him.
"Don't even think about it" Tom said and Bill gave a mischievous smile.
"Come on! Let's go" he said dragging me by the arm, "It could be fun"
"Concert after parties are fun but movie premiere after parties are the opposite" i said pulling my arm from him. He gave me puppy dog eyes and i just gave in.
"Fine, but don't say i didn't warn you" he jumped in joy and they as they got to their car, i barged passed and sat in the back.

"What are you doing?" Bill said in confusion.
"I'm not getting in his car again" i said folding my arms together.
"Good, you made it smell with your shitty perfume" He hissed before rolling his eyes, "Georg you're riding with me, come on" he pulled Georgs arm and they got into his car. Bill and Gustav got in and i gave them directions on where to go and Tom's car followed right behind.
"You guys are going to need to chill out and tolerate each others company if you want this to work" Bill said keeping his eyes on the road.
"You wanted this, not me" i said, looking at him.
"You said you would help us" he looked at me through the mirror and raised his eyebrows and i looked away. This was going to be very hard to keep up with.