iv..

serenity and warmness..

I was able to hide my fawn pin in my bra, brushing my finger over the metallic design as the train passed many districts. I wondered who else had been reaped.

That's when it hit me, Peeta and Katniss, oh God. They had only done their games a year ago, I can't imagine not having atleast a year without the games. My heart ached for the two young 'star crossed' lovers.

"Hiya Fawnybear." Maddox cooed, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh shut up," I lightly threw a pillow at him, "you know I hate it when you call me that."

"Oh but I love it," He grinned, "What were you thinking about?"

"The tributes, Peeta, Katniss. It's all so surreal, I wonder who else is there."

"A little birdie told me Finnick Odair's gonna be there."

For a split second, I was relieved to see my friend again, but then I was brought back to reality on why I was seeing him, he was in the games.

"It's not fair." I spat, not directed at Maddox but at Snow, and his twisted mind.

"I know, kiddo." He frowned, silence englufing us.

That's until Avian came into our train carriage to tell us that we had arrived into the Capitol.

-

"I want you to forget everything you think you know about the games," Haymitch explained to Katniss and Peeta, a screen booming behind him, showing all the previous victors.

"They all know one another, you two are the outsiders," Effie sighs.

"Last year was child's play," Haymitch explains, "This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers."

"All right. What does that mean for us?" Peeta asked.

"That means you're gonna have to have some allies." Haymitch responds.

"Okay. I think that if-" Peeta begins, but is cut off by Haymitch.

"Whoop. You're not the problem," He says as all eyes are panned of Katniss.

"No." Katniss spat.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years."

"That just puts us higher on their kill list."

"Do it your own way, but I know these people." He warned Katniss, "You go it alone, their first move is gonna be to hunt you down.. Both of you."

Katniss hesitantly agreed with a nudge from Peeta as Haymitch showed the past victors.

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District 1. They won back-to-back games. Capitol favourites. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal." He lists, "And the other half of the career pack, Brutus and Enobaria."

"What's with her teeth?" Katniss questions.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people's throats out." He coughed.