Mama, why?

I was sleeping when I felt a hand caressing my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw that it was my mother. She is sitting on my bed.

"Mama?"

"Go back to sleep, my child." Mama patted my head.

"Ma?" then I started to cry. For the first time in my life, she called me "my child". Does she love me now? Does she already realize that her son needs her love and care? Does she forgive me now?

Mama smiled sweetly.

 "AH!" I goaned in pain when I felt a sharp object pressed on my stomach.

My mama stabbed me.

I can barely breathe. Blood came dripping off my mouth.

Why does she have to do this? Does she hate me that much?

Tears started pooling my eyes as I groaned in pain looking at her who just looked at me back with a blank expression.

All my life, I just wanted one thing. To be loved by my mother. She never told me even once that she loves me. Never felt it either. Never been proud of me. Never liked anything I did. Never showed me that she cares. Never been happy of having me as her son. Never threw me a birthday party. Never went to school with me. Never been hugged by her. And I never experienced being kissed in the forehead by my mom just like what I always picture in my mind.

They say that a mother's love is the greatest unconditional and infinite love we will ever experience. But why didn't I experience that?

I'm already feeling weak. I can barely see anything. But I managed to let something escape from my mouth before I die.

"I love you mama, but why? Mama, why?"