Chapter 2

As the clock struck six in the evening, signaling the end of the workday, Noah gathered his belongings and headed toward the elevators. He had a mix of emotions after the successful meeting with the CEO, Adrian Blackwood. Pride, excitement, and curiosity all swirled within him as he replayed the events of the day in his mind.

Stepping into the elevator, Noah pressed the button for the ground floor. Little did he know that this elevator ride would be far from ordinary.

As the doors began to close, a hand suddenly appeared between them, causing them to open again. Surprised, Noah turned to see none other than Adrian stepping inside.

"Mr. Blackwood," Noah greeted, trying to hide his surprise. "Good evening."

Adrian nodded in acknowledgment, his gaze intense yet unreadable. "Good evening, Mr. Evans."

The air inside the elevator seemed charged with unspoken tension. Noah felt his heart race again, unsure of what to do.

The elevator started its descent, and Noah stole glances at the CEO from the corner of his eye. He couldn't help but be captivated by Adrian's commanding presence, even in such close proximity.

Noah's nervousness was growing with each passing second as the elevator descended in silence. The air inside the confined space felt heavy with tension, and he found himself stealing glances at Adrian Blackwood, trying to gauge the CEO's thoughts.

As the elevator finally reached the ground floor, Adrian walked out first, his posture composed and his steps purposeful. Noah hesitated for a moment, feeling a rush of emotions as he followed suit.

The two of them walked side by side through the lobby, the clicking of their shoes echoing in the empty space.
As they stepped out through the main door, Adrian's driver promptly opened the car door for him, and the CEO gracefully slid into the back seat. Noah observed this brief moment, watching Adrian as he disappeared into the vehicle.
Noah let out a long, deep breath he hadn't even realized he was holding. He felt a sense of relief to be out of the suffocating silence.
Though he couldn't quite put his finger on it, there was something about Adrian that seemed both alluring and cautionary, a compelling presence that simultaneously beckoned Noah closer and warned him to keep his distance.

The next day, Noah woke up to the realization that he was already late for work. With no time for breakfast, he hurriedly threw on his shirt and dashed out of his room. On the road, he hailed a taxi, not willing to waste any more time waiting for a bus. "Noah," he muttered, berating himself for oversleeping as he rushed into the taxi.

As the taxi approached the office building, he could feel the anxiety building up inside him. He knew he had to make up for lost time. Upon reaching the entrance, he hurriedly paid the fare and jumped out of the cab.

In his haste, he failed to notice someone walking in his direction. "Boss, careful!" a voice called out, but before Noah could react, his body collided with something hard. Bracing himself for a fall, he was surprised when strong arms wrapped around him, preventing him from hitting the ground.

Slowly, Noah opened his eyes, feeling a mix of embarrassment and gratitude as he looked at the person who had caught him. His gaze met a pair of warm, concerned eyes that belonged to none other than Adrian Blackwood himself. But they turned cold immediately.

"Are you alright?" Adrian asked, his voice soft but tinged with coldness.

Noah blinked in astonishment, his heart pounding as he processed the unexpected situation. "Yes, I'm fine," he managed to reply, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Adrian helped him steady himself before releasing his hold. "Be more careful next time," he advised indifferently.

"I will, thank you," Noah said, still feeling a bit flustered by the encounter. He couldn't believe he had collided with the CEO of the company in such a clumsy manner.

Time seemed to stand still as Noah and Adrian stood there, momentarily lost in each other's gaze. But the spell was broken when they heard a throat clear nearby. "Boss," Adrian's secretary, Mike, cleared his throat, snapping them both back to reality.

Adrian and Mike exchanged a nod before they walked toward the waiting car. Noah felt a rush of embarrassment as he watched them get into the vehicle.