Chapter 1 Merchandise

✵ ⊰𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 .1. Merchandise ⊱ ✵

'After my mission last night, my own partner that I completely trusted, Father, had murdered me in cold blood and turned me over to James Yukihra's associates to prove his loyalty but also for the gain of a reward and high status in their group. And so I became Diana Crest after my death!..'

♡︎☠︎︎♡︎

Diana was a Restilian war slave from the southern lands of the Empire. Her family was highly ranked and was of extreme wealth as they had owned coal mines that harboured gold, diamonds, emeralds and much more valuable merchandise.

The rich lands of Restila were known for their beauty and the kindness of their people, this was because the Monarch was soft and caring towards its citizens yet stern and powerful in its protection of them.

However her nation, just like all, carried cracks that lay deeper than the surface shattering her whole world into pieces after the Jodastrian Empire pressed against it with an enormous pressure.

Initially the Emperor of Restila had agreed to disregard the agreement of owing a large percentage of his Empire's produce to Jodastun. Mainly because his people were going through difficult times but also due to the fact that it was clear exploitation on their behalf as Restila would gain little to nothing from this transaction.

The Jodastrian politicians were not only furious but felt threatened at his sudden withdrawal, and so they anonymously armed active extremist groups that operated within separate regions of the Empire.

A civil war had broken out in Restilia, it was once warm and accepting citizens became hostile to one another; using each-others cultural, racial and religious differences as fuel for their unexplained resentment. Separating the once united Empire that proudly claimed all its different cultures.

Ultimately the Restilian government hands were tied, and they sent their troops off to fight within their own lands. But it proved fatal. The extremists began to fight the aristocrats and many corrupt officials promised to aid the terrorists in return for rewards.

Remaining politicians of Restila had then pleaded for the aid of their neighbouring Empire, but Jodastun only agreed to do so for the hefty price of their resources. The agreement was final, and troops were sent off to 'protect' Restila but who knew this was going to be the cause of a non-ending war.

After the involvement of Jodastun, the extremist groups retaliated in defence attacking their citizens in major terrorist attacks, 'killing' the prime minister of the capital country when initially he was assassinated by the Monarch to stimulate hatred.

The opportunity was again advantageous to Jodastun and so they began to paint all Restilians as evil, heartless beings that were barberic and irrational, and themselves as the hero. And so they prepared for war with the already weakened Restlia with the only intention of 'divide and conquer.'

Quite literally.

Diana's father was murdered as a sign of a short-lived revolution by the town people that he cared for. They were all brainwashed to believe that any rich or political associate was scamming them of their own livelihood, eventhough the Crest family had loved and protected the town people of Crest, and helped them live, not letting anyone be homeless, making sure orphans were housed and fed, the healthcare and education for all was prominent and poverty wasn't even a term they were familiar with because the Crest family funded it all.

It's just that they became greedy.

"The Crest family aren't doing enough, they're taking too much,"

After shutting them out, Diana's father still continued to fund them, even until his last breath. Her mother had shortly disappeared after the death of her husband.

Just like that, Diana at the young age of 18 was left in the hands of the public. She'd run off to live as a commoner in the central capital city, but to her luck an attack had occurred. Not by an extremist group, but a black market network organisation from Jodastun called the Karith.

They took her as a 'war slave,' but it was just a kidnaping in reality.

♡︎☠︎︎♡︎

"Here they are. A gorgeous, young, healthy, virgin herd,"

The rebel referred to the young maidens that were tied up like farm produce. Advertising their qualities to the sick Duke of Dior. He stood there with his son and trusted knights eerily grinning from ear to ear as the traffickers roughly brought out more of the woman.

You see they were selling these women to the Dukedom of Dior. Being Restilian war slaves kidnapped from amongst the chaos in their nation most of these girls were from high profile families of nobility, with them is Rue.

She suddenly woke up in a small, cold, wooden crate as Diana Crest. The female lead of the tragic novel she had been reading. Which turned out to be where she currently was.

The Duke's smirk grew larger with every passing moment " Ah this is good! This is good! You guys are getting better at picking your women!"

"Yes, yes of course. But it comes with a hefty price," said the gang member as he opened his palm with a greedy expression.

"Right," replied the Duke nonchalantly. You see this sick old man has been profiting from many dark market businesses for a long period of time, and his most profitable one was human trafficking. In the novel it was discreetly mentioned but the Duke of Dior would illegally buy war slaves and turn them into prostitutes simple human leisure toys for him and his sick upperclass consumers. And he was very proud to share this with his son.

Finally all the poor victims had been displayed, lined up perfectly each standing on their knees with their hands bound behind them and their mouths gagged, commercialised in expensive dresses with their make up done and hair styled in the most extravagant of ways making the Duke jump in glee whilst he imagined dollar signs.

"Come here my son!" He said feeling charitable "Pick one for yourself! She will be your personal woman," he hummed pulling him forward by the shoulders.

The young master buzzed in excitement as he felt his father's warmth, "Ah, thank you father!" Nodded as he began to search.

When his eyes fatefully laid upon her, his attention was yanked by her mesmerising rare pink hair, full red lips that sparkled, with a small sharp button nose and skin milky smooth without even touching it he could feel that she was soft.

The young master slowly pointed "Her, remove her mask," at Rue who was now our female lead Diana, he was trapped in her beauty and only wanted to fall further "I must see her eyes,"

'These sick bastards! I'll kill you all! How dare you traffic innocent war victims!' thought Rue as she masked her emotions with the expression of fear and worry. She wanted to appear as the perfect damsel so she could ambush them with the perfect attack.

The servant removed the fabric from Diana's eyes and as it gracefully dropped it revealled her large pink eyes that glistened like jewels. Immediately stopping everyone's hearts around her as her face was fully presented.

Instantly the dealer called out "This one is S tier, she is worth triple the rest of them!" Nevertheless the Duke's son Henry ignored him and called out "Untie her this instant! Bring her to me!"

And so they did.

Little did they know, the real Diana was gone and a dangerous assassin took her place.

Rue knew the full lengths of Diana's abilities and that she could open portals at her demand forth calling anything she needed and planned on using her powers before they're known discovery in the book.

She had ran into the direction young master's open arms as he did the same, but when they finally reached eachother she twisted his body and placed a blade to his neck.

"I'm going to make this easy, set all the women free! And pay us 100 gold each as compensation. Otherwise I'm going to kill each and everyone of you and feed you to actual live stock you pigs!"

♡︎☠︎︎♡︎