Chapter Thirty-Five

RECAP

After I had successfully inhaled my waffle, Luisana cleared her throat.

"Later tonight, we were thinking we could have a family night?" She asked me.

I nodded, "Sure, that sounds like fun! Niall is picking me up any moment, what time did you want me home at?"

She shrugged, looking at Michael for his opinion. "I'd say maybe six?" He said.

I nodded, "Okay I'll be home by then. What are we doing?" I asked.

Luisana laughed, "That is for us to know and you to find out."

I sighed, "What is it with everyone and their secrets?"

Michael chuckled in response and I jumped out from my seat when the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, my prince was standing there. And well, he looked...prince-like.

"You look beautiful." He smiled; his blue eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Niall, why are you wearing a tux?" I asked warily.

He smiled, "I guess you're about to find out."

—-

Niall and I rode in the car with a comfortable silence. I was just enjoying the fact that I was safe, and I was finally with the guy that I loved.

Breaking the silence, Niall started humming a song. He didn't seem like he realised he was doing it, so I started laughing a little, enjoying my own personal little concert.

We drove for what seemed like forever until the booming city turned into farmland and trees. I had always loved the country or even the suburbs and hoped that one day I would be able to own a house of my own out here.

He turned to face me with a small smile on his lips. My gaze rested on his mouth and I wanted nothing more than to kiss him in that moment. Before I could however, Niall leaned over and kissed me.

I swatted his arm playfully and scolded him, "Eyes on the road, mister."

"You know you wanted it," He responded slyly before returning his eyes to the country road in front of us.

"So any chance you'll give me a hint on where we're going?" I asked hopefully.

As I thought, he shook his head stubbornly and I rolled my eyes. It was sweet that he wanted to surprise me.

"I can't imagine it's too low-key if you're wearing a tux." I pondered, wondering where we were heading.