A 'miss'- understanding (part-3)

Marinette gasped, she could hear the chair drawing back and footsteps! She had to get out of there fast!

She managed to pick herself up, just as the middle-aged reached the window. She managed to hide behind a well-catered bush to look at the scene, Emilie seemed very different, distressed, and maybe even a bit...angry. Moreover, she looked scary, not looking like somebody you want to confess you were eavesdropping on. After looking around for a while, she sighed and went back inside. After making sure the coast was clear, Marinette hobbled along the garden. She checked herself for injuries, her ankle was twisted a bit, and there were a few scratches on her arms, her cheek burned, so maybe there was a scratch there too.

She sat down and massaged her ankle for a while, it began to feel a lot better. She then entered the manor again, now that she had a moment alone, she found the large area where she was standing on quite unsettling, it is where she had fought her boyfriend's father, aka Monarch.

She was upset doubts quickly filling her, she could have done better, a lot better.

She looked down, down the floor, where that wretched place was, was it still there?

She felt dizzy with self-doubt, she felt someone coming so she forced herself up the stairs into Adrien's room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened to you?" said the young blond quite alarmed

"Oh here, nothing, I just missed my step and tripped, you know how clumsy I am!"

"Yeah, but...It's quite...." he replied anxiously, not knowing what to say, her hand raised to touch the scar on her cheek, She blushed and winced at the contact. "It's not a big deal" she said not believing herself. The look on his face told her that he didn't believe her either.

He took her hand and led her to the sofa. He then took out a first-aid kit and started tending to her wounds, and finally put a bandage on the scar on her face.

"I swear, it's fine, You are making such a fuss" But he wasn't listening.

Afterward, they resumed their game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometime later, there was a knock at the door.

"Oh no! What if it were Emilie, if she saw my scars, she'd know it was me! " Marinette thought

"Adrien don't tell Emilie I tripped, I don't want her to worry, so I'll be in the bathroom."

Marinette felt relieved, as Adrien agreed, and she rushed into the bathroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi dears," said Emilie as she stepped into the room, and looked around quizzically as her eyes searched for someone else. "Where's Marinette ?" She said voicing the obvious.

"Oh, she's in the bathroom," he said lying without hesitation. ( he has picked up a few tricks being with Gabriel )

"Okay..." she said emphasizing each syllable as if not completely believing him. At that moment Marinette turned on the water in the basin to make it believable, and she muttered something like coming in a minute and Emilie believed it. She then looked at the paused game and smiled.

"So whose winning?" she asked teasingly

"Marinette" Adrien replied with a guilty smile

"Obviously!" she said teasing still. 

"Mrs. Aggreste" came a voice from downstairs, "well, I gotta go" She then looked at her watch 11:46 am, "You do remember we are going at 12:30, right?" she asked, eyebrows raised, "Of course Mom, I won't miss it!" She smiled and left the room

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the bathroom, Marinette was not feeling good, having been left alone, Mrs. Guilt knocked on the door of her mind, accompanied by her relatives, sadness and regret, she felt sick, she looked at herself in the mirror in her pajamas with the band-aid on her face, the girl in the mirror looked miserable, pale, red-eyed, she looked sick, but it wasn't sickness it was...well, don't know, maybe she needed somebody to vent to, talk to about this whole business, somebody that could comfort her, not Adrien, his father was....

She turned on the tap to wash her face, she instantly felt better as soon as the cool water touched her face. 

"Ok I will deal with me later, Let's look at the situation which is important, What should I do, Does Emilie actually have the butterfly miraculous? Practically, she would have just woken up from the dead and maybe still be processing the whole situation, I searched the whole place pretty quick after the whole thing, still, I need to know what was she writing on that paper..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Marinette, are you okay in there" Adrien said, getting up. He walked to the bathroom and was about to knock when Marinette stumbled out of it and fell into his arms, they both blushed and savored the moment as they looked into each other. Finally, Adrien held her up, still holding her waist "Are you okay Marinette, you look a little pale... and are your eyes red?!" he exclaimed softly not wanting to alarm her.

"Umm, no-no, I don't think, are you sure?" she said trying to unsuccessfully hide her eyes at the least, he caressed her forehead checking her temperature, "You are a bit hot, sure you are okay?" he questioned

"Well, I have a bit of headache," she said, realizing that he wasn't going to back down without an answer.

He took out some Headbalm from his kit and gave it to her, and she started applying it

"On your single visit, I've had to take out the medical kit twice!" he said grinning

"Yeah well, that's what you get for having Marinette Dupaing Chang as your girlfriend!" She said teasingly

"Well, I am ready to do that every day if required to keep you being my girlfriend" he said smiling gently as she blushed

"Are you going somewhere, I heard your mom" 

"Well, nothing, just going to spend some time with her, you know." He said smiling, Marinette felt happy to see him so happy with his mother. Then another idea came to her.

"Well then, I should get going"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She left the manor skipping with excitement, she had to get home!

Little did she know the things going on there...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug out!