A 'miss'-understanding (part -1)

It could be said that only Marinette could understand the depth of her meaning. Emilie had expected to die after that last video message. Must have been quite a shock to her to find herself alive again. Maybe she was also missing her husband as much he had missed her, so much so that she could use the same methods to bring him back...Well, if she is spiteful she definitely doesn't let it show.

"We'll see about that " thought Marinette 

"I understand," she said politely " I would love to join you"

"Fantastic! Let's look at Adrien's baby pictures!" she said with a cheeky grin

"Mom!" Adrien exasperated. Marinette chuckled as they sat down.

---------------------------------------------------------

"And that's his 6th birthday!"

"I remember that day, you were screaming at Father for trying to cut a piece for himself beforehand!" They smiled as they both remembered the good times.

Marinette had plastered a gentle smile on her face, but in reality,  she was busy scanning the room. After searching for a while, she laid her head back in defeat, she saw something unusual. 

"Mrs.Aggreste," she said forgetting  to call her Emilie" is this  painting double framed"

"No Marinette, That's the old picture out there, I couldn't remove it off the wall, so I left it there and hung the other image on it"

"Oh," said Marinette, leaving the matter there.

She tried to remember what Gabriel used to do, but she couldn't point out anything, except him being harsh and distant.

Then something hit her, Gabriel always wore his butterfly brooch on his chest, which was perfectly hidden by his tie. Come to think of it, Emilie was covering her neck region, by a black and white striped tie cum scarf, which was intriguing for its design and the chance.....

"Emilie, can I see your scarf, I have never seen such a piece," she said, not knowing what to expect, her clue depended on the answer she gave, if she said no, it certainly will arise suspicion towards her----

"Of course, Marinette, Adrien told me you are a budding designer, I have seen some of your things, and I think they are wonderful! I would love to see more of your work" she said proceeding to feel her scarf.

Marinette blushed under the attention she was getting but noted that Emilie did indeed take off her scarf, as she helplessly clung to the scarf, admiring its design, whether or not it was helpful, it was fascinating. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of reviewing old photos, Emilie now wanted to get some work done, which was fine by the couple as they wanted to be alone together too. The duo exited the room and went into Adrien's room to play video games ( what's the problem, they love doing that)

------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of talking and playing (mostly Marinette won)

But after a while, Marinette thought of something...

Author's note

Hey MLB fans, hope you liked it and Oh, word of advice, be on the lookout for the next chapter, there's a reason this one is called a 'miss' understanding!