1#

Caroline sighed grabbing Max's hand to pull her up "You know you don't have to be like this all the time, right? I mean I'm your friend, you can-"
"Yeah that's right you're my FRIEND" Max interrupted emphasizing the last word "Not my fucking psychologist" laughed.
The blonde girl suddenly let go off Max's arm causing her to fall on the floor again "Hey! what the fuck Caroline!" shouted Max frustrated.
"You pick up your pieces Max, I'm tired of your crap" said Caroline taking her jacket and stormed off.
"Hey wait" The brunette got up quickly and ran after the taller girl "Caroline for fuck's sake don't make me run after you"
Caroline stopped in the middle of the hallway causing Max to stumble.
"What was that about? What's gotten into you? We were fine and suddenly you get all pissed off about what?"
"«We were fine» Max? Really? Because all I get everytime I try to help you is shit. I'm tired of you treating me like a fucking puppy"
"A puppy? Hold up what did I even do?" Max laughed.
The blonde rolled her eyes and leaned against the wall crossing her arms "Well you're definitely going through something. You show up stoned, you try to joke around as if nothing is wrong. Max, I see you"
"Hey listen Carrie" said Max causing Caroline to roll her eyes once more. She hated that nickname. Max used it every time she wanted to sweet talk her out of something.
"There's nothing to see here. Don't get all worked up about it, it's no use. I'm fine if I ever encounter a problem too big for me to handle-"
"Yeah we know" scoffed Caroline looking at the younger girl's arms.
"These aren't.."mumbled Max lowering her sleeves"they're from my cat I told you" avoiding eye contact.
"Fine then let me see them" said Caroline determined taking a step forward.
"No. What? Why would you want to look at cat's scratches what the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking psycho" chuckled max nervously lowering her sleeves all the way to her wrists and taking a few steps back.
"Max. Let. Me. See." Caroline insisted trying to grab the girl's arm.
"No Channing! Now fuck off and leave me alone, go take your saviour complex or whatever this is to someone else" Max stormed off.
"Hey you forgot-" the blonde started saying but it was too late. "You forgot your jacket" whispered and picked up the jean jacket and walked out the door.

Max Black was always like this. She did have a shitty mother and and absent father and that's the only thing Caroline knew, thanks to Max's sarcastic sense of humor. Max loved to joke about misfortunes in her life but she never actually let anyone in. Caroline could see what's going on but she couldn't get close to her. She took the long way going home. She wanted to cool off before she could face her 'emotional-rollercoaster' of a roomate. If she was even home that is. The blonde girl kicked a tin can off the pavement. She was very upset. All she wanted to do was help. Ever since Max tooked her in as a roomate, she was trying to find a way to save her. Wait.. save her? Was Max right? Did she have a saviour complex? Was she using Max to feel better about herself? No she actually wanted to help her. Caroline thought. In some twisted, weird way she loved this girl. She was her best friend. She was all she had right now after all.

Caroline stopped in front of the door and took out her keys. The door was unlocked which means Max was already home. She sighed pushing the door open to find Max on the couch drinking a beer. 
"Hey" the brunette nodded and drank another mouthful of beer. "Hey Max, listen-" Caroline started.
"Save it Blondie I don't have time for this" Max said emptying the bottle.
"Max listen to me please. I'm sorry. I kinda took it too far earlier, I didn't mean to. I was just upset-"
"Why are you even upset Channing? Jesus you have this thing where you're upset about every fucking thing that is not your business. What's with you and boundaries? I said I'm fine. You're a friend not my psychologist"
"Okay Max, clearly you've never been to a psychologist and it kinda shows" Caroline interrupted.
"Listen, my friends-" started Max
"Were non existent? Yeah that kinda shows too" Caroline interrupted for a second time.
"Okay you know what? You think you know eeeeverything about me and you understand whats going on. Don't! You don't have to do that. You do it all the time and I-I can't!" Max screamed frustrated.