Chapter Seven - Danger Noodles

A/N

I wanted to try and stay as true as possible to the original timeline in HP. But I think I'm going to make this a bit more modernized. The way I picture Emma dressed, and certain aspects of what the group will being doing is more in the present.

Hope you are enjoying this as much as I am writing this! Thanks for reading!

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁𓅓 ❾¾ ⚯ ͛ 𓆗 . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

October 31st was fast approaching and Emma could feel that deep dark pit, the one that would swallow her whole. The week leading up to Halloween Emma could always fill the shift in her emotions, her love for all things autumn disappears and she's left with a crushing amount of sadness.  Her friends at Beauxbatons always tried finding a way to cheer her up but knew it was better to leave her alone. Emma didn't want people to see her weak, didn't want them to see her an emotional mess. She couldn't help the laugh that invaded her thoughts, all she's done at Hogwarts it seems is cry.

Emma missed her parents, or what it would have been to have her parents here. Would her home be filled with love and laughter like the Weasley's? The Dursley family were vapid incorrigible muggles, her life with them was miserable. Mrs. Dursley hated Emma, hated her so much. The constant pinches on the arms to quiet her or correct her behavior. The venomous glares from her, the nasty comments under her breath. Emma never understood how her and Harry were able to handle living in a broom closet under the stairs for as long as they did.

She laid on the grass in the courtyard soaking up the chilly autumn air, her book laid on her chest forgotten as she closed her eyes trying to picture her parents. They were nothing but a blur in her mind, time had stolen what little memories she had. She would give anything to remember them clearly, give anything to just have one last moment with them. Yeah Emma felt that black adamant in the back of her mind caressing her, calling for her to let it in. To let the darkness fill her long enough to be numb.

It's been two weeks since Mattheo and Emma finally admitted to one another their feelings. He has never truly understood love. His parents were far from the loving type, obviously. He loved his friends, at least he thinks it's love. For the first time in his life he understood what it meant to care for anyone beside himself. His friends have helped him in ways he could never be able to describe because Mattheo didn't quite understand it himself. But this feeling, the one that has evaded his mind and body. It was warm...tingly......it felt like sun was shining on him all day long. It was a weird feeling, a feeling he really liked and it was because of her. Because of Emma Potter.

He wondered if maybe this feeling was pure, honest, true love.

He walked out to the courtyard after quidditch practice knowing she would be here. He knew he could always find her nose in a book or studying in the middle of the courtyard on the grass soaking up as much of the autumn air as she could. Mattheo stood a few feet away watching her as she laid there her face to the sky, eyes closed as her book rested on her chest. He watched the way the book softly moved up and down with her every breath. He was worried about her, within the last two days her mood has changed drastically. Gone was the bubbly, feisty girl he knew, now there was something darker in her eyes. Something that was haunting her.

He slowly made his way to her as he knelt down getting closer to her body. Her eyes opening slowly meeting his gaze. He could see that darkness trying to consume those light green eyes. He wanted to help her, was willing to do whatever he needed to do. She moves into his outstretched arms her head resting on his chest, he felt the deep sigh of content coming from her chest.

"I've missed you" he tells her as she lightly chuckles.

"It's only been two hours" she retorts.

"Two hours too long" she playfully slaps his chest as his arms squeeze her closer to him. "Such a clingy Matty." she teases as the corner of his lips turn up into a smile.