One.

It was late at night when three men blasted through the doors of that old and abandoned church, guns blazing. Inside, the witch had a young girl tied up to the altar, wearing nothing but her undergarments, too beat up and tired to even fight her anymore. The redhead saw the boys came in and hurried up her spell.

A bright cloud of pink smoke invaded the room as soon as she finished speaking, sparks came out of the bowl she used to mix all the ingredients, making it difficult to see a damn thing. She blew the smoke towards the girl's face, like she was blowing a candle, and the girl felt it crawl inside of her, invading her lungs, burning her insides. Then the witch banished in front of her eyes.

A loud scream came out of the girl's mouth, tearing through the dense cloud. She flinched violently, but her binds were gone, and it caused her to fall of the altar, hitting the floor hard. She hugged her legs against her chest, the cold cement felt nice under her skin, but it wasn't enough to numb the pain. She looked at her arms, everything looked fine, but it felt like she was on fire. She tried to scream again but burst into uncontrollable tears.

At that moment, she felt the touch of a man's hands on her face, getting her hair out of the way, trying to check her state. She looked at him, and even with her eyes full of tears, she could make out through the blur Sam's face. She could hear his voice, probably trying to reassure her, but she wasn't capable of understanding. Her ears were ringing, her heart was beating loudly and the warmth of his skin touching hers was only making her feel worse. He took his jacket off and tried to cover her body, but she flinched again when the fabric touched her skin, screaming in pain once more.

- Stop it. That is not helping her.

Said a second man. His voice had a comforting effect on the girl, it was Castiel's voice. He approached the, taking the jacket away, and then wrapped his arms around her, lifting her from the floor like she weighed nothing. Then he took her outside. The raindrops hit her body hard and fast, almost in a desperate way, as if the weather knew she needed it. She could feel them running all over her skin, freezing cold. A gush of wind made everything seem so much better. It felt so good, so relieving. She moaned quietly, letting herself enjoy the change of temperature, relaxing her body. The water seemed to be washing away the pain. She looked up to see Castiel's face. He was looking down at her, with a worried expression. She managed to lift her hand, softly caressing his cheek before passing out on his arms.

***

She woke up several hours later, in a bedroom. She wasn't in pain anymore, just incredibly thirsty. She got out of bed and saw her reflection in the mirror. She looked fine, no scars, no bruises, no blood.

She opened the wardrobe, the only thing in there was a robe, which she put on, and got out of the room. She could hear voices talking in the distance, she walked the halls, following the sound.

- So, what exactly does that mean? -Asked Sam.

The girl quieted her steps, tiptoeing around.

- When I first met May, I carved some sigils into her ribs to render her powerless, unaware of her demon side... Rowena seems to have removed them. -Explained Castiel.

The memory of meeting Castiel for the first time invaded her mind. It was about ten years ago, she was only a teenager then. The other two, the Winchesters, she met only last week. The three of them came into town, looking for this witch they had tracked down. Rowena. She recognised Castiel immediately. The angel that helped her after her parents had died, the one that found her a new home, that gave her hope. They all came into the pub she worked at and started asking questions. After that, everything went downhill.