Chapter 5

Yoh was sitting up in his bed, looking through the window and listening to his favorite record through his headphones. He was fiddling with the necklace that his best friend gave him, as it gleamed with the moonlight streaming through the window.

Its blue color was gorgeous and it was entrancing to look at. He was wondering how Ren was doing, what he was doing, and if he was alright. He had a feeling that he would be okay with his sister by his side, but that didn't stop worry from arising in his thoughts.

What if the plane malfunctions and crashes?

They're quite wealthy, so that isn't likely to happen.

What if he has a nightmare?

Why would he? Even though his father might be evil or whatever, it doesn't seem like he affects his sleep.

Not about his father, about you.

...I need to go to sleep.

But what about my question??

I won't answer that. Let me sleep.

.

.

.

After that, the voice stopped talking, and Yoh got his beauty sleep.

_______________________________________________

•°~Time Skip~°•

  A year later, Ren's father got worse with the abuse, but Ren still had hope, because they would eventually move back to Japan, meaning he could once again see Yoh. But he didn't expect much, because it's been a year and he might not remember him.

Even with that slight possibility, he still trusted that his friend would remember him.

Yes another cliffhanger because idk how to end it