Chapter 1

3rd person pov:

Eight-year-old Tao Ren was currently speed walking down the corridor toward his father's throne room. He hadn't completed any studying since this morning and it was already 2:30 pm. He was scared as to if he would be punished. He never liked his father's punishments as they always hurt. The worst punishment he has ever received so far was being whipped over and over again –he still has scars from the incident and he doesn't think they'll go away any time soon– fifty times to be exact. And after the lashes, he was a bloody mess, with terms flowing out of his golden eyes.

As he approached the large brass door his heart was pounding in his chest and he was getting increasingly nervous by the second. He opened the door to see his father sitting on his throne looking down on him. He entered and began to speak before his father interrupted him.

"Why is it that you have not completed any of your studies since you have woken up?" his large father asked in a demanding tone. Ren slightly trembled but stood his ground.

"I apologize, Father, I was playing in the garden and got distracted and forgot that I had study sessions today, " he said in a bow. His father however was not happy with this answer and decided his punishment.

"You will receive seven lashes for disobeying my orders specifically saying you were to study the Tao history on this day. Have you not been reminded by your mother to study?" his voice got louder as he continued and Ren was trembling in fear as to what he would do to his mother.

"You there. Go follow my son to the torture chambers and keep him in your sight. If he escapes, double the lashes and find him." the guard responded with a positive answer and followed the seven-year-old outside. They went down the stairs and into the 'basement' otherwise known as the torture chamber.

When he was chained in place he was lashed and he screamed as the whip touched his skin. Some left bright red marks on his pale skin and others sometimes drew blood. Another guard joined in on the fun however as he was passing by checking in on the captured people in their cells.

They didn't speak, only nods and gestures as they didn't want the young master to 'tell the master'. They doubled the lashes and then let him out the guards didn't bother following him out as they wanted to torture the 'criminals' that were locked in the cells.

Ren slowly moved his way up the stairs to his bedroom as he was hurt everywhere. The parts the lashed were burning and very sensitive. As he entered his room he found his mother waiting for him on his navy blue and white comforter. She saw the state he was in and ran towards him with tears in her eyes.

She cleaned and wrapped his cuts up and treated the bruises with a special cream that also stopped the burning sensation on his back. They shared no words but they hugged. They couldn't be together for a long while because of certain circumstances mostly Tao En's orders.

They both shared a few tears and 'I love you' and then his mother had to leave. They exchanged sad longing looks and then she finally left him in silence.

After a while, Ren looked out of his window and saw a hole in the tall fence-like walls. He opened his window, and lept out of his room unto the ground below. He sure was lucky it would be easy to get back in. He quickly but carefully left through the hole and was met with a forest path leading to a grove of flowers of all kinds. He walked but then stopped in his tracks as he saw something quite unfamiliar.

'A boy? Who looks my age... What's he doing here?' a curious but cautious little mind thought. ' I might as well ask'. "Uhm hello?"

Brown hair moved and he saw an orange headphone pretty face with brown eyes looking at him with a confused face. But suddenly a smile appeared and Ren was shocked.

"Hello there! Would you like to join me?" the mysterious boy asked. There was silence for a moment as Ren decided to go through his choices. In the end, he decided that he could become friends with this strange boy.

"...Ye-Yes, I would like that." he cautiously responded as he made his way next to the brown-haired boy.

"What's your name? Mines Yoh," he said enthusiastically.

"..My name is Ren..," he replied as he slowly opened up.

They began talking about whatever came to their little minds and Ren started to open up. Soon they were playing and running around in the flowers. But the light from the sun started to grow dimmer and dimmer and when the sky turned to a bright orange with hues of pink and purple was when they realized how late it was. 

"Well it's getting late, we should probably go home." Yoh suggested.

"Yeah, and I don't want father to get angtmry at me." Ren replied.

"Well see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yep, tomorrow"

They waved goodbye as they went their separate ways.

•°•~•°•~•°•~•°~•°•~•°~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°

Heyyyy so should I make chapter two today?

Idrk and I won't do anything until y'all tell me to

Byeee