Mine Forever: 10 Years Later

On June 20th 2017 me, Liana and Gabriel walked up to the gates of the penitentiary. I graduated from college and became a RN. While i worked Liana and Gabriel were in school activities. We got off section 8 and bought our first house two years ago. At the age of 35 i thought back on the things i used to do, the things i used to say and what I've been through. I pushed through it all. When many tried to talk down on him i saw the good in him. We've been together since i was 16 this was more than just a crush or forbidden love affair. He was and will always be my soulmate. Hakeem walked out of the penitentiary smiling ad holding his bags. At the age of 39 he still looked good, and his hair had specks of gray in it. He walked up to me and gave me the longest kiss and then hugged the kids. I didn't want to ever let go of him again .

"I told you i would never leave you." I said. 

Hakeem got down on one knee and pulled a ring out of a piece of aluminum foil. He bought the ring from a CO unknown to me at the time. The kids smiled and giggled as they watched.

"Eliana Santos. will you be mine forever?"

"Yes...I will always be yours forever." I smiled hugging him.

We got in the car and sped off down the road. The bad was behind us and we were now looking towards our future together.

Mr. and Mrs. Brown forever.