fatal attraction [ii], 2pac.

1996

1996. March 19.
HARLEM, New York.
Armania.

FATAL ATTRACTION [II]

"Hey mama, how you been?" Tupac held Tamara on his hip, staring at her with that bright smile on his face. There was no denying the love Tupac had for our baby. What got him through everything was her.

"I was okay. But I missed you, Daddy." Tamara smiled. "How was your vacation?" Tamara played with his new chains that he obviously wasted no time to get made and put on.

     I looked away instantly. The wave of guilt took over me, telling my child a lie of where her father actually was.

   And that I helped put him there.

I could feel Tupac burning a hole through the side of my head. I knew his hatred for me grew stronger. Just like the fear in my heart. How was he out right now? He was supposed to be in for drugs and fucking murder.  How was he out?!

    "It was refreshing." Tupac spoke. Tamara continued to ask him tons of questions like the curios child she was as I was on the verge of pissing myself. All I could think about was Pac's vengeance because I knew he wouldn't let this all go.

   It wouldn't be him.

   As he engaged with Mara, I stole glances at him, analyzing his new figure.

    He was more ripped than when he left, veins pulsing along his dark arms. A diamond stud earring in his right ear as well as one in his nose. His mustache and beard trimmed freshly, like he always kept it. His jawline was crisp as he looked at his child with admiration.

      A black compression shirt hugged his muscles as his light blue denim jeans fit loosely on him, like he liked. Black and white Air Jordan 9's were the shoes he sported.
      I only knew because he was the one who put me on game about shoes.

      "It's not a vacation for kids, mama. But tell you what," He chuckled a little and looked over her polka dot pajama set. "You go get dressed so Daddy can take you out shopping."

"Okay!" Tamara exclaimed as he placed her down. She ran off to her room excitedly, leaving Tupac and I in the living room alone.

    I licked my lips, biting down on my bottom lip. I stared at him, watching his every move, making sure he stayed where he was. Pac locked eyes with me, the both of us staring at each other for what felt like hours.

    "Why you look so scared, Mani?" He asked with his head cocked slightly, calling me the nickname he used to way back when we first met.

    "How are you out?" I managed to get out.

He pulled his neck back, "How am I out? That's the first thing you got to say?" Pac chuckled. "No... 'I missed you boo?'"

    "Stop!—" I looked back to Tamara's room and back to Pac, lowering my voice. "Stop fucking with me Pac! You got busted for drugs, Damien, and all those other damn murders. How the fuck are you here?"

Tupac sighed and inched closer to me as I inched closer behind the kitchen island. "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." He smiled. I found nothing amusing.

My heart pounded faster each second. By now, he was on the opposite side of the island with his hands on top. "I'm joking baby." I grew upset at him calling me baby. The fucking nerve.

I shook my head no, "That baby shit ended when—"

"When you sent me to Rikers?" Tupac smirked and fiddled with his chin hairs. He walked over to me, inching closer and closer. "I'm not mad at you. That shit was smart."

My eyebrows furrowed together as my breathing hitched up a bit at how close he was to me. He's not mad? I could feel the warmth radiating off of his body onto mine. I used to love the feeling— now I was dreading it. Something was off about him.

"What?" I asked.

Tupac licked his lips, "You got me with that innocent shit from the beginning. I showed you shit you ain't never seen.. I taught you the game and how to finesse to get what you deserved.. I let you in." He pointed.

"You knew my weaknesses, my strengths.. every fucking thing, Armania." His voice got louder. "And you betrayed me." He laughed, "For a nigga that was plotting on me and mine."

Tears flooded my eyes. I was frightened and confused by Tupac's words and actions. He was trying to turn this on me instead of accepting he was a fucking lunatic. "I did what was right for me and my daughter. I never wanted this to happen, Pac."

"Bullshit." Tupac's nose flared.

"It's not bullshit, Pac! I swear—"

My sentence came to a halt once Pac's hand was gripped strongly around my neck. It was happening again. Only this time, the police weren't there to help and I was afraid they were never gonna be there.

I was gonna die.

My first love was gonna kill me.

"You're gonna kill me... with.. our daughter here?" I struggled to get out as tears painted my face.

Tupac loosened his grip just a little, "Nah. I'm not a monster, baby." He spoke. "But I am a businessman and a nigga that's still in love. That shit is never going away I'm afraid."

I cried, "What— What does that even mean, Pac?"

"Daddy! I can't find a cute outfit." Tamara came running out of her room, making Tupac let me go. I turned around to avoid my face of tears from my baby.

"Um, Mommy's gonna come help you in a little bit. Let us finish talking, okay?" I spoke and sniffled after.

"Okay." Tamara turned and walked back to her room.

I turned around to Pac, looking him in his eyes.

He closed the space in between us, wrapping his arm around my waist. "You know a lot, Mani. So you in this shit now." Pac spoke. "You try to leave, I'll kill you." He held my chin. "You understand, Ma?"

A single tear fell down my cheek.

"And I know how much you hate broken homes. Don't put Tamara through that." He kissed my forehead. "I love you."

He backed away. "Tamara! Daddy gon' buy you some more cute outfits at the store. Just put some shoes on and let's go, Mama!"

I sniffled, watching Tamara come out her room smiling. "Go get in the car, babygirl. Uncle Richie out there waiting for you."

"Uncle Richie!" Tamara's face lit up at the sound of Pac's long time friend. She rushed out of the door and into his car.

I swallowed, watching Pac. "And don't try and snitch again, baby. I got people watching you."

He leaned down to kiss me, feeling on my ass while doing so. As much as I fucking hated this man, my pussy still throbbed at his touch and my love wasn't completely gone.

What was I gonna do?