{Side Part} His Smile

(This is pretty much just gonna be a short part abt Nick and Karl)

~Nicks POV~

I got off my shift at the bakery and was in desperate need for a shower. Karl was waiting for me, his car pulled up at the front of the building.

Seeing him was my favorite part of the day and was just enough to make me forget about all that's been bothering me.

"Hey handsome," I said to him. He seemed to be flustered but said hi back.

"You ready for a night of playing Roblox horror games and staying up til 3 am?" he asked with a big smile on his face.

"Of course I am," I said, returning a smile.

We got to his house and his father greeted us at the door. And immediately asked us about dinner, "How does sushi sound boys?"

"Great," we both said and smiled at each other for speaking in sync. The two of us headed upstairs to his bedroom and got settled in.

"I'm really glad we're able to do this Karl. It's always fun coming over," I said to him.

He gave me a sincere smile and said to me, "I'm glad too Nick."

The two of us continued our evening with roblox horror games and long conversations about the most random things. Some conversations were deep and serious while others were about the most random and outrageous things.

One of the things I loved most about hanging out with Karl was our range in topics. The moment we start talking we immediately click and no one can break that flow we have.

It was now 2 am and we were fighting to stay awake. We tossed and turned in the bed together trying to keep ourselves conscious and we mumbled words trying to keep our brains going. But nothing seemed to be working. I felt too comfortable and relaxed.

"Karl what are you gonna do after high school?" I asked trying to keep our brains running.

"Go to college somewhere and major in biology," he mumbled.

"What about after college?"

"I'll get myself a real job, fall in love, and adopt 2 cats," he said. I slightly laughed at his answer.

"Is there any chance I can still be a part of your future?" I asked.

He looked over at me and I was filled with joy. I knew the answer even when he didn't say anything. But maybe he did, it was just in his smile.

That beautiful smile that never failed to fill me with emotions and feelings. It could make my heart race within seconds.

He knew that I could read his smile. Even if it meant I'd suffer from embarrassment, I couldn't care less. It was him and that gorgeous smile that fit his face perfectly like a glove.

He made my heart beat to the song of his soul. He made all the bad go away like magic. His touch could kill me yet I craved it like a fish in desperate need of water. He's like air to me, I can't live without him.

"Let's get some sleep, hm?"

"Okay, goodnight Karl."

He chuckled before saying, "Goodnight Nick."

The two of us drifted to sleep.

In each other's arms.

________________

"Boys! Wake up! Karl you have that interview today I hope you got plenty of rest," Karl's dad said while barging into the room. It took us a second but we were eventually out of bed.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"Yeah a little but I'll be fine."

The two of us got ready for the day, I wore my work clothes and Karl had a professional outfit put together, perfect for an interview. After brushing our teeth we headed downstairs to the kitchen where we found Karl's dad making breakfast.

"I remember when I got my first job, I worked at a music store where they sold CDs and records," Karl's dad said as he smiled and stirred up some scrambled eggs.  His dad continued to talk about his work experience and how its changed over the years.

"My point is that you've got nothing to be nervous about. Just be confident and act like you know what you're talking about. Same goes for you Nick."

"I've already done my interview AND got a job Mr. Jacobs," i said. 

 The conversation between me and Karl's dad seemed to be helping because he was now less tense. After breakfast, we thanked Mr. Jacobs and headed out the door with our stuff. Karl was intending on working at the library next to the bakery where i work so we walked together. 

As we got closer to the building Karl started to get tense again. We were now in front of the library and he was standing like a statue with fear in his eyes. 

"Look Karl, there's nothing to be scared about. You're gonna do great," I said while smiling at him. That luckily made him less nervous and he returned the smile. 

Now i was the one all tense. I had thought about doing this for months and didn't know if it was the right moment. I can't kiss him now, not before his interview. 

"Good luck Karl, I'll see you later," i said while walking to the bakery. 

_____________________________

Sorry about this useless little side story but i really wanted to write about Nick and Karl :,)