Chapter 3: A Foreign Man in a Foreign Land

Remember everything that isn't the plot or some characters and OCs of this story doesn't belong to me but to their respective owner/artist/composer. This is quite a short chapter but sometimes this is enough, at least that's what I think.

Written during a dialogue like this: Normal talking

Written during a dialogue like this: Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold. That's what he felt when his consciousness came back to him. His body was aching in pain and the salt of the sea that touched his wounds didn't help to ease it, in fact, it was worse. His eyes slowly opened but his vision was blurred and it was hard to breathe while spitting out salty water from his lungs. The strength to stand up didn't manifest and so he had to use the one in his arms to crawl toward a position far enough from the sea and os he crawled and crawled until the man reached a rock where he laid his back while his vision started to come back a little but it was still blurry.

Some movements on the side caught his attention, even though all he saw was some shadows approaching him. The young man could make out their figures, some were men and others women. One of his hands touched the ground and only then the man took note that it was cold and that the ground was actually made out of snow. The shadows that were approaching were taller than average humans, at least than Imperials and Bretonnian humans. By putting two and two together, the young man who actually was Verraten Wehrmann knew where he was. The same place where all of this began.

Verraten: Norsca... *cough* *cough* I'll be damned... *chuckles* so... tired...

The shadows were coming closer and, at the same time, his vision started to darken again and all he saw before fading into darkness were the men and women close enough of his body starting to carry him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verraten: Uhg... my head...

After he became conscious again, Verraten held his head with his hands which were suddenly getting a headache from all the things that happened days before. Remember that, after being sent to jail, Verraten didn't eat or sleep properly and his wounds nor his broken bones were treated and healed properly since he came back from Norsca.

The headache, sharp and painful, vanished as soon as it came, letting the fallen man look around to notice that he wasn't on the snowy beach anymore. The once prisoner was in some sort of house, the fireplace was making sure it was warm inside while the doors and windows were closed so the cold wind couldn't come inside.

 ???: You're finally awake!

Verraten: Who...

A young man, around Verraten's age, stepped to the side to enter Verraten's vision with the latter lying on the bed. All around his body were bandages to help heal him from his injuries but his backbones still hurt him but not as much as when Valkia broke them. The other one took a cup and poured water into it from a jug before handing it to Verraten while still holding it and helping the wounded man drink.

???: There... slowly. Don't want you to choke now, uh? I mean, that would be a stupid way to die.

Verraten did as his benefactor said, he started to drink slowly and felt the cold water go down his throat while his body relaxed after finally getting some of the liquid after days of drinking disgusting soup. His wounds still sting but it is nothing compared to... days ago? Verraten didn't really know at this point how much time had passed since his new friends helped him escape.