Chapter 5: A New Purpose

Remember everything that isn't the plot or some characters and OCs of this story doesn't belong to me but to their respective owner/artist/composer.

Written during a dialogue like this: Normal talking

Written during a dialogue like this: Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???: "Catch me if you can!"

???: "No, wait!"

Two children were running after each other, a little girl and her younger brother, the oldest of the two chasing after the youngest, not too far from a little estate. Some people were watching over the two, two adults, two boys in their teenage years and, finally, a little boy and a little girl, all of them smiling at the funny little display in front of them.

Laughs and giggles were heard all around the garden of the estate and, not too far, there was a little forest connected to it by a semi-hidden path. Soon, the group left while the two kids still played, running in circles before the boy took his chance to run into the forest.

This, however, worried his little sister, she didn't want to lose him for his safety, after all, forests can be very dangerous for anyone, mostly for children these days.

???: "W-Wait!"

She immediately started to run after him, getting past bushes, trees and roots coming out of the ground. The girl could hear the laugh of her brother before it slowly but surely became a sob. A wave of dread and panic rose in her heart making her run faster and faster, almost tripping over some roots.

???: "LITTLE BROTHER! WHERE ARE YOU?!" cried out the worried girl as she was searching through the dark forest for her brother.

The more she ran, the louder the sobbing, meaning the girl was getting closer with each step. Soon, she arrived out of breath in plains full of grass, as if the tree around her disappeared. In the middle here he was, her little brother, crying on his knees. 

???: "Little brother?"

She started to walk toward him, and with each step, something wrong was happening, the air became thicker, a scent of burning metal invaded her nose, the wind started to clash against her skin and glow in blue and pink colors, almost making her fly. 

Brother: "Why..."

???: "Uh?"

The sudden question confused the girl, her heart still racing, a lot of thoughts running inside her mind. The boy then stood up and slowly turned around, this made the little girl step back, fear grabbing her neck as if two invisible hands took a grip. His eyes were not the same as before, the beautiful brown color into which joy always reflected was replaced by a red one full of hatred coming from it before one of them changed from red to blue and then to pink. This eye then changed from blue to pink in irregular intervals.

Brother: "Why... did you leave me alone... in that cell?!"

Her face formed a shocked expression, as if memories came back. Her breaths became frantic, her body taking steps back on its own while her brother stepped forth. Tears formed in her eyes.

Sister: "V-Verraten! You're scaring me!"

Verraten: "You let me rot in this cell! WHY?! WHY DIDN'T YOU AT LEAST COME TO SEE ME?! I NEEDED YOU AND YOU JUST FORGOT ABOUT ME! YOUR LITTLE BROTHER! WHY?!" screamed the boy, a sudden rage filled with sadness invading his body.

Then, he fell back onto his knees, crying and out of breath before looking back up at her. His teary eyes stained his angry and sad face. The pain of solitude still marked on his body which became more thin by the minute.