𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

"𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴,𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

"𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴,
𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴."

You're taking me shopping?

    SITTING HUNCHED OVER THE FILLED PAPERS spread all over her black desk, Hyejin let out a small groan at the sound of her phone ringing. She grabbed the phone while she slid her fingers beneath her glasses to rub at her tired eyes.

       "Hello?" She asked, letting out a small sigh as she heard the man on the other line. "Taemoo?"

       "Hey Hyejin, is this a bad time?"

       Glancing at the papers littering her desk, the colored pencils and the erasers thrown around the pieces of fabric she was deciding between and the pins she was using on the mannequin, Hyejin let out a small hum. "No, no you're okay. What do you need?"

     "I'm in front of your apartment complex. Can I see you for a bit?" Taemoo asked, causing the fashion designer to furrow her eyebrows.

       "Uh, right now?" She mumbled, quickly standing up as she nervously slicked back her flyaways.

       "Yeah? You said it was okay?"

        "It is! It is!" Hyejin quickly insisted, messily organizing the papers.

        "Come out, I have something for you. It won't take long."

        Letting her eyes widen, Hyejin balanced her phone in between her ear and shoulder as she walked out of her at home office in a rush. "Is this about what happened to your grandfather? I heard about what happened to him. Is he okay?"

"He's fine, he just asked me to deliver something to you." She heard Taemoo say as she quickly ran down the stairs leading to her living room. She grabbed the bag holding three containers from the kitchen before throwing on any pair of shoes and running out towards the elevator down the hall of the luxurious apartment complex.

"That's good to hear." She panted lightly as she entered the metal box and it began to go down. They waited in silence for a few more seconds until she arrived on the first floor. "I'll see you in a second." She then hung up and swiftly made her way to the front door that was held open for her by the kind door man.

    "I'm sorry, were you waiting long?" Hyejin asked, holding onto her waist, slightly out of breath as she finally made it to the man who was leaning against his blue car.

    Taemoo stared confusedly at the girl as he stumbled over his words. "I wasn't, but honestly, did I come at a bad time?"

       "Maybe?" Hyejin let a sheepish smile grace her face as she scratched the back of her neck, suddenly hyper aware of the flexible tape measure that was settled around her neck, the glasses she messily pulled onto her head in her rush to leave, her hair thrown up into a messy bun that was falling, random pieces of fabric carefully pinned to her shirt, her lips that were now bitten raw because of her concentration and her messy purple sweatpants and sweatshirt.