Sharing a cigarette

Hey, what the fuck happened?" Shavo comes into the room. He shouts as Serj sits with his back to the door.

"Well, I disturbed the princess." Said Serj.

"What is your problem?"

" Your cousin is already gone, Shavo. We can start now". John came from the corridor and felt an uncomfortable silence.

"Forget it, go home. I don't think Daron wants to continue because some asshole bothered him. Until Serj apologizes or something, I don't know." Shavo yells at them as he walks away and comes back into the room. 

"I can't believe this. You guys are always starting fights. This is why we can never be on the same side... " Shavo's voice becomes more distant as he finally leaves the room, leaving Jhon and Serj behind.

"It's not my fault that my words affect people!" Serj yelled at Shavo.

"Ah, forget it. You didn't act like a real jerk before! " Shavo replied from across the room.

John saw Serj. He stepped over him, grabbed a backpack that he had left next to the drums, and went back to the door. "Serj, if you have a problem with us, don't hesitate to talk about it, just talk to Daron. We have a fucking festival, we're tired of your attitude. Fix it. I will buy us something to eat."

Serj was left alone in the studio. It was a good time to apologize. He thought he hadn't said anything wrong, but it was true, he had to apologize to Daron. Somehow, he had to apologize to continue the practice.

It looked like a storm was coming, and suddenly the sky darkened. Daron was resting in the garden, sitting on a chair that Shavo had placed in his backyard. There were fresh cigars in the ashtray. The boy who smoked them was sad, nostalgic, and on the verge of breaking down. The only thing keeping him in his lonely state was the glass door that shielded him from the noise of his bandmates. Daron heard a door slam, which made him a little uneasy. Was the front door, he knew. On his way out of the studio, Serj saw Daron sitting in the garden. He sat still for a few minutes, then sighed and went into the garden.

"Do you have a cigarette?"

Daron's eyes were cold, he didn't turn to look at Serj when he heard his voice. He grudgingly picked up the box of cigarettes from the small table and held out his hand to Serj without looking at him. Serj didn't take it immediately. He stands static front of Daron. He wants Daron's eyes to turn to him. Daron noticed that he didn't take the cigarette and asked him in an angry voice: "Are you going to take the damn cigarette?"

Serj did not give him an answer. Daron threw the cigarettes on the table.

"Don't be angry with me."

"Stop thinking only about yourself..." Daron answers him and asks what happened to the others.

"They went to buy food." Serj said.

"So... I'm stuck with you, nice." In a sarcastic tone.

Serj went over to the table and stole a cigarette.

"I quit smoking a long time ago, but you... give me a pain in the balls," 

Serj laughed. 

"You're the reason I took this."

Serj brought a cigarette closer to his mouth. Daron, a little unsure, brought the lighter closer to Serj's cigarette and finally looked at him

The way they looked at each other was a simple and sincere apology, without further comment. The eyes were witness to silent words. They are not communicative people, no more, just waiting for a silent apology. And a look that both consider reconciliation. This cigar was the reason for the two to come to an agreement, for the sake of the concert that will take place soon. They put their feelings aside in order to do their best in the rehearsal.

They hoped it wouldn't happen again. Although Serj was sarcastic, Daron didn't get upset again. He didn't want it to get personal, not anymore. He just had to hold on until the Sick New World was over.