Jealousy?

Daron began to sweat a little, as he saw the back of Serj's car. He turned on the air conditioner to cool down and followed him until he stopped at a fast-food stand. Daron was confused, so he took out his cell phone and dialed Serj. 

"Why are we stopping here?"

"I have to do something; I won't be long."

And so it was, Serj didn't take long, he got in and a few minutes later he was out. He went back to his car to drive again. They stopped at a small bar that was not noisy and was far away from the city.

Serj got out of the car and headed for the entrance. Daron noticed that Serj was waiting for him at the door of the bar, so he continued walking until he reached him. Daron nodded as Serj held the door with his left hand. They stepped through and then Serj entered.

He looked around the place, the lights were warm and he sat down at a table in front of a window, at least to have something to look at while they talked. 

"I'm sorry you're nervous, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable," Serj mentioned.

Daron looked at him with those big eyes, he didn't answer until after several minutes.

"I'm not, I'm tired. It's been a while since we played on something, you know," he replied, playing with a napkin on the table, while his eyes bounced to the objects on the table. Avoiding the gaze of his companion. 

"Don't be like that, it will be fine." 

Daron immediately looked at Serj

Serj lay down on the bar couch, running away from Daron's eyes, he raised his hand to the waiter asking for two beers to break the tension, but it wasn't enough.-I'll go out for a smoke, I'll be right back," said Serj.

"Sure," answered Daron. He took a sip of beer, 10 minutes passed and Serj didn't come back.

Daron went to look for him. He wasn't at the front door; he went around the parking lot and was looking for his car.

"Hey, what's taking you so long...is that weed?" 

"Do you want some? Serj said with his eyes a little closed from the smoke, as he pulled it closer to Daron.

"That won't let me sleep, it will shake me up"

"Don't worry, it's very good"

Serj brought the joint closer to Daron, held it and looked at Serj. He brought it to his mouth and inhaled it several times. Giving it back to him again.

"Now I think we'll be able to talk better...

"Serj, let's go back to the bar, we haven't paid anything"

"Nah, forget it. Let's get out of here, let's go for a walk.

"I don't know... Serj"

Serj started walking. Daron turned back to look at the bar, he noticed that Serj had already gone a long way and ended up following him.

They started walking. Serj started talking about his family. Daron, too, mentioned about his current relationship. And at that moment Serj's laughter went out of his face and immediately, he highlighted his family with an anecdote. 

" You know, one time, my wife suspected I was on drugs, and you know what she made me do?

"What a horror, what did you do next? " Daron replied.

"She said, "You must be on drugs, come over here," and she came up to my face, like this."

Serj stopped in a street where not a soul was passing by. He approached Daron's face, without leaving even a centimeter of separation between their heads, their noses touched, staring at the face of the boy shorter than him.

Daron didn't move, he was so taken what Serj was doing with his gaze, seeing his soul. Serj raised his hand to Daron's shoulder, when he touched his shoulder, Daron jumped in surprise and froze. 

"My wife... did this, to see if he was drugged..." he said in a very low voice, almost whispering.

When Serj saw that Daron was not making any movement, he moved away from him.

"That happened, ha, ha, ha" Serj mentioned in a mocking voice.

Daron didn't answer anything. He understood that he was playing with him, but what if he was just imitating the situation and it wasn't a joke? He kept thinking. 

"Serj, what are you insinuating?" Daron asked as Serj took steps forward, a little embarrassed.

"Daron, don't get me wrong... we'd better go home now, it's very late."

They both walked back to their respective cars together. Serj said goodbye as if nothing had happened.

"See you later, at practice" Serj said.

 He got into his car without looking back. But Daron was left for several minutes wondering if his intentions from Serj were different.

"Did he want to kiss me? No way... How ridiculous." 

He thinks.  He wondered, as his head rested on the driving wheel.

"How stupid"