Sigh up Table

"So why is know one here yet?, are we late?" I said to Conner as we sat down at the table with our breakfast.

"Therr asj he ihnd n tbll"

Conner mumbeld out as he spit milk on my face. He finished eating his cereal and picked up his spoon about to take another bite. I reached out and pushed the spoon back down into the bowl, "could you say that again, without a mouth full of fruit loops?"
Conner rolled his eyes.

"There all at the sign up table."

"What sign up table? What are you talking about?"

Conner picked up his spoon again, and I pushed it back into his bowl again.

"Conner why aren't we there?"

Conner let go of his spoon "the sign up table is where to go to sign up for the jobs and activities you what for the week, if your the last one there you get the worst job. That's why I went last night at 12:01 and signed up for high life guard"

he said then removed my hand from his spoon and shoved another spoonful of milk and fruit loops in his mouth.

"Shit" I said shoveling my oatmeal into my mouth and throwing the bowl into the sink. I graded my gym bag off my chair and spirited for the door.

"Where are you going Abby?" Conner yelled with a mouthful or ceral.

"To the sign up table!"

I heard him try to say something but I was already gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I had the table in view I began to run as fast as I could in hopes that I wasn't the only one that hasn't signed up yet. I could hear people started to chant and yell for me as I ran through the crowd of people leaving the area. "Run you can do it"
"Waoh she's fast"
"Wow, where's she going?"

I felt amazing as I was running, everyone was splitting apart giving me a clear path to the table, I ran and felt the wind lift my hair off my face and behind me and my shirt was flowing behind me and I jumped over the tree stumps. Then suddenly my foot caught something and I lunged forward to try to catch myself but it didn't work. I face planted into the muddy soil beneath me. My face and knees were in pain and I had mud covering my eyes and in my mouth.

Omg I can't believe that just happened!

Maybe know one saw

I should just get up and walk away like nothing happened

I picked myself off the ground and wiped my face with my shirt, which just made it worse because my shirt was also muddy.

Great, how could this get any worse?

"Aw the new girls crying, maybe she doesn't belong here, you know outside" I heard a rude , condescending teenage girl say. I used my towel out of my bag to wipe myself off. She was gorgeous, she had long brown hair that curled and a perfect body, just the type of girl I was trying to get away from.

"I-im not crying"

I said looking down at my feet, she just laughed with her friends and walked away. I turned around and walked up to the table, I ran my finger down the list, none, there were no activities left!

Oh my god, no does this mean I can't work here?

"Hello having trouble?" Said a smiling girl in a rainbow dress and braids. I just looked at her, her smile slowly became a forced one. I picked up the paper and waved it in her face.

"Yes there is, because I just humiliated myself in front of everyone and now I'm to late to sign up and I can't work here!" I began to feel myself getting worked up. The girl looked confused and then realized what I had said and smiled again

"Oh no no no honey there's an activitiy or job for everyone" she said still smiling, I looked at her name tag then smiled back at her

"Well , jackelen, you are wrong because-"

"Abby what the hell happened!" I heard Conner yelling and running towards me.

Trip trip, please trip too

Conner ran up beside me. Darnet

He saw how smiley jackelen was and awkwardly smiled back, he then turned to me and looked me up and down.

"Conner if you laugh I swear to god"

"Laugh? Laugh about what?" He said trying to hold in his laughter. He smiled at Jackelen and said sorry and dragged me away and back toward our cabin. I yanked my arm out of his grip and stepped back,

"Conner I can't stay I couldn't get an activitiy, there were none left."

He laughed and kept walking, "Abby your so stupid"

"No im not!...why?"

He turned to face me "that's what I was trying to say before you ran out of the diner, I signed us both up for life guard duty"

"Really!? That's awesome thank you so much" I said then ran and hugged him, he stepped back, surprised then hugged me back.

*cough cough* "Excuse us" I heard someone say behind me. It was that girl from earlier the one that made fun of me. Conner looked at her and then me, and then let go of me and stepped away from me towards her.

"Hey Annagrace"

"Hey baby"

She said then she grabed his face and pushed it against hers, they kissed for like 20 seconds before I couldn't stand it anymore and walked away.

"You don't belong here loser!" She screamed at me and laughed. I turned around to see her glaring at me, I looked at her then over to Conner, he knew that wasn't okay I could see it in his face. I waited for him to say something to her or stand up for me. But he didn't he just looked away from my eyes. It felt like I had been stabbed but I held my tears and kept a pokerface on until I walked back into my cabin, and shut the door. Then I fell to the ground and cried,all I wanted to do was change who I was but I guess thats not possible

She's right I am a loser