meet

I guess you could say Im a dreamer, always reading romance novel and watching " chick flicks ". I have always wanted to fall in love and have that feeling of competition and fullness. I want to feel my heart beat faster and faster when I see him and have butterfly's in my stomach when I touch his skin--

" hey Abby what are you doing?"

my dad yelled from downstairs " packing my toilet trees dad I'll be down in one sec!" I yelled back. I was leaving to go to a summer camp in Virginia. I'm not going as a camper this year though I'm going as a consoler. see you can't be a camper after you turn up fifteen but you can be a consoler when you turn seventeen which I did in June, the first week of summer.

I stuffed my ChapStick in the top of my makeup bag and ran downstairs where my dad was waiting.

" aw look at my little girl all grown up"

"dad really I don't have time for this"

"fine okay give me a kiss and head off, but drive safety and don't text and drive. you hear me Abby? its a two hour drive and I don't need you getting hurt"

"I hear you dad" I gave him a kiss and jumped in my yellow punch buggy and swung my last bag into the back seat. I typed the address into my GPS and set it on the dash, then turned up the radio. "I love you" I yelled to my dad as I pulled out of the drive way and headed to Virginia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could smell the lake water right when I turned into the camp path. I parked my car in a make shift parking lot. then walked to the staff building where I check in, I opened the door and saw a big woman sitting behind a desk I walked to to the desk.

"um...hello I'm Abby Cath and I'm a consoler this year."

"why hello Abby, yes here you are you. you must be new we love new comers. I'll get someone to take you to your cabin that's where everything you need to know will be."

" thank you so much"

" you mighty welcome sweet checks "

then the woman went into a room in the back and came back with someone. I couldn't tell who it was because they were wearing a motorcycle helmet. they bug woman said " this is Connor Dean he will show you to your cabin" then she handed me a note card with a letter and number "that's your cabin bye bye now"

I looked and the note card then shoved it in my back pocket. then I looked at the guy with the motorcycle helmet on and tilted my head sideways signaling to take it off. I guess he didn't get the message because he just stood there. so I just told him I was going to get my bags if he wanted to help. Then I turned and walked out towards my car, I unlocked my car. I reached through to the back seat and grabbed my suit case when i felt someone tap my back. I jumped and hit my head on the roof. ouch that looked like it hurt" said a smooth voice. I turned around to find myself face to face with the motorcycle guy.

"oh its you, why are you wearing that helmet?"

"oh...Haha I forgot" he said then he undid the strap. I watched as he lifted up his helmet and exposed his face. He had strong features and thin light blonde hair that he whipped to the side. I looked into his eyes that were blue like sky blue. they were the kinda eyes you could just fall into. I guess I was staring for a whole because he waved his hand in front of my face.

"um hello you still there?"

"Yea sorry um...let me just get these bags out and we can go"

I reached back in and pulled out a pink and brown suitcase, my makeup bag, my gym bag for sunscreen and junk and my purse. I waited for him to help me by picking up the suitcase. but he just looked at me with a concerned face.

"why are you looking at me, help me"

"oh right I just...never mind"

he picked up my suitcase and flung it over his shoulder. I picked up the rest and then we walked down the where all the consoler cabins were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"so what cabin are you in?"

"the note card said D7"

"great its right here"

he pointed to a red cabin in front of us and then started to walk up the stairs. I followed him into the cabin. the inside reeked of sunscreen and wet bathing suits the walls were painted white and there was a table and four dressers. But what was great was that there weren't bunk beds there were twin beds, about ten of them.

"there's nobody here right now were the first here of the cabin."

I looked at Connor..."what do you mean we?"

he smiled and walked over to the only twin bed sheets on it and luggage around it.

"this is my bed, due too to many boys they had to put a couple guys in girl cabins, so I volunteered...you know to take one for the team."

"right for the team, so we just get to pick our beds?"

then i walked to the farthest bed away from Connor and put my luggage there. then I smiled at him and sat on the bed.

Connor just stood up and and looked and some paper that was on the wall. Then he smiled a devilish grin and rolled my suitcase that he still had over to the bed right next to him.

"this is your bed"

"what, you don't even know my name how could you know who I am on there?"

"oh I know your name its Abby Cath"

I just stood there for a second and then looked at my suitcase where I had a tag that said property of Abby Cath. I then walked up to the roster on the wall and traced all the names till I found my name it said I was to sleep in bed number two...right next to Connor Dean.